PDA

View Full Version : Making Money & Ballbusting.

mick_sl8ter
10-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Seems like some people are trying to make money out of fun stuff.

What is your opinion ?
I think it sucks.

bustedm
10-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Some people? Who? Doing what?
Need some more info to figure out what you're saying.

Sockmess
10-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Making money off of something fun is a dream for everyone. why shouldn't they get paid for providing you with pleasure?

convexion
10-20-2010, 06:28 AM
A supremely stupid argument. Should a Hollywood director not make money off his/her movies if they find it enjoyable to film them? What about a painter, should they not make money by doing what they love?

Knave
10-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Sorry, I had to chime in because this is something that's at the very core of my life goals. Too many people think that you have to make a living doing some kind of awful drudgery that you hate. My dad always thought that and he has always stood as a testament of misery for me. When I was a kid I decided that I was going to make money doing something I loves instead of ******* myself to do something I hated just to earn a living. When I made that decision it meant I would never be wealthy and that I would constantly have to scrape by and save as much as I could and live week to week but I'm drawings and illustrating and animating and doing video and it's certainly not very glamorous or profitable but I can live my life the way I want to live it and make ends meet. To anyone who thinks they can't enjoy their work I challenge you to make the sacrifice. If you really love being a doctor or financial consultant or lawyer, then your love can make you rich. Most "loves" I think will not. That's not the point. The point is to defy the status-quo and live this one chance on Earth that we have. Now, I'm off to have a beautiful friend of mine kick my balls on video. Then I'm gonna try and sell it :D

-Knave(EM)

Jedi
10-20-2010, 07:53 AM
I think it sucks that too many people these days think that they should be entitled to view everything they want for free.

skipperbob
10-20-2010, 10:02 AM
I think it sucks that too many people these days think that they should be entitled to view everything they want for free.

Couldn't agree more! I cannot believe the number of people I see on various forums and sites who keep begging for free stuff, as if it doesn't cost anything to produce and market the things they want. Free preview - fine - but be thankful for what is out there and be willing to pay for the priviledge to experience it!

Alec Anaconda
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Could I suggest that some form of micro payment system might solve this evil problem?

Producers need a return, but many potential customers cannot (or will not) pay the ticket price.

I would sooner have a million people read one of my books for a cent each than a hundred at a few dollars, but I know of no workable system.

Alec Anaconda

Jedi
10-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Some people will always moan about paying for digital downloads no matter what the price. I see it all the time on file sharing forums where guys won't even pay a few dollars for rapidshare, hotfile, etc...

I don't think that some people really appreciate the costs of running such a business. Kinky Kicks has a very hefty set of bills to pay even before production costs. I'm sure others are the same.
There's also a massive investment in time from pre to post production and 24 hours a day, 365 days a year support.

Fortunately there are still enough honest citizens out there to support paysites and keep them in business.

iron horse
10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Some people will always moan about paying for digital downloads no matter what the price. I see it all the time on file sharing forums where guys won't even pay a few dollars for rapidshare, hotfile, etc...

I don't think that some people really appreciate the costs of running such a business. Kinky Kicks has a very hefty set of bills to pay even before production costs. I'm sure others are the same.
There's also a massive investment in time from pre to post production and 24 hours a day, 365 days a year support.

Fortunately there are still enough honest citizens out there to support paysites and keep them in business.

I'd like to add that you're one of the most tolerant and understanding folks out there when it comes to people sharing the excellent videos you and your wife have sweat over.

It's similar to the old belief of communism that everything should be free - everything someone owns should be turned over to the state and free to others. But if Sharon had not earned enough money off of femaledom.com, none of us would be posting on this "free" board.

I admit, yes, I've benefited from file sharing, but I don't believe I'm owed free videos, I simply get away with it and justify it by telling myself I can't afford it all and wouldn't get it anyway. Yes, I'm wrong, I know it. But when someone like Jedi steps up and kindly asks folks to stop, and is not a jerk about it but explains why, I tend to honor those requests. And I have not posted a Kinky Kicks video since.