PDA

View Full Version : Win-Rar

enigma
03-18-2011, 03:14 AM
As I haven't a clue about computers could someone help. I see some exciting RAR clips but don't know how to open. I've downloaded Win-Rar but it doesn't tell me how to open. can anyone help a dimwit step by step. Thanks in advance >

redhoden
03-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Right click on the file icon and choose option Unrar (or something similar). If the's no such an option choose Open. Winrar aplication should be then opened and you should click on Edit (almost upper left corner) and choose option Unrar (or something similar). There you can define where the file should be extracted.

This works for files that end up with ".rar", which means that it's compressed in a single volume. Sometomes you'll encounter files that end up .part1.rar (the first volume), .part2.rar, ..., etc. If you need to unpack volumes, place all them to the same folder and start extraction from the first volume.

T-Lo G
03-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I usually open the file. It takes you to WinRar and then you left click the file then click "Extract To". you designate a folder, click ok and then it extracts the file to the specified folder.