PDA

View Full Version : Gone quieter on here

skweezme
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Noticed not so many posts now filesharing sites are under attack. That's a shame.

Mythical Pain
03-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I've noticed the same thing. I mostly frequet the furry ballbusting thread, where I always post my ballbusting stories. Been trying to get more folks on that thread to post stuff lately too but it's not worked very well. The place is just slow all around I guess. Maybe one of these days I'll whip up a quickie, non-furry related ball busting story for the rest of the forum to enjoy. Or just post one of those in the regular forum and see what happens, lol.

Alec Anaconda
03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Here’s a quote from that Furry Ballbusting thread,

Mythical Pain:Seriously, what's so slow about this place, and especially this thread lately? I swear half the folks who posted here regularly when I first joined don't even show up lately, unless they're just lurking, or no longer enjoy this thread.

Alec Anaconda: I can’t speak for others, but I find I’m just so busy.
There seems to be fewer hours in a week than there were years ago, and so many ways to fill those hours.
In addition, the user interface to this forum becomes less friendly as software moves on.
I prefer to write in Word 7, but when I want exact formatting, I need to use Notepad as an intermediate stage and then format manually.
Most times I either, edit each space to two spaces then paste in and tolerate this forum’s interpretation, or just type into the wretchedly tiny window.

I hate even to think it, but perhaps we are all running out of new ideas, leaving nothing but endless rehashed repetition.

Alec Anaconda

Mythical Pain
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Here’s a quote from that Furry Ballbusting thread,

Mythical Pain:Seriously, what's so slow about this place, and especially this thread lately? I swear half the folks who posted here regularly when I first joined don't even show up lately, unless they're just lurking, or no longer enjoy this thread.

Alec Anaconda: I can’t speak for others, but I find I’m just so busy.
There seems to be fewer hours in a week than there were years ago, and so many ways to fill those hours.
In addition, the user interface to this forum becomes less friendly as software moves on.
I prefer to write in Word 7, but when I want exact formatting, I need to use Notepad as an intermediate stage and then format manually.
Most times I either, edit each space to two spaces then paste in and tolerate this forum’s interpretation, or just type into the wretchedly tiny window.

I hate even to think it, but perhaps we are all running out of new ideas, leaving nothing but endless rehashed repetition.

Alec Anaconda

You know what they say. Every story's already been told, all you can do now is tell it differently!

skweezme
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, but where are the newbies, new posters?

blancanvas
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I think much of it has to do with active site management. If you look at the oldest posts on this site, administrators were more active and engaging, but I rarely see them post on here anymore. If newbies show up to a ghost town, they probably just walk away. :(

astralpanda
03-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Sharon or whoever pays for these boards must no longer give a shit and just has their vBulletin bill on autopay. I'm surprised this place is still around. ...no disrespect.

Mythical Pain
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I mostly joined up here in the first place to post ballbusting-related stories with like-minded folks who'd enjoy them. Have posted quite a few at this point, but have also found other sites to post them on where a lot more people read them, lol. I'll keep posting them here too though, might as well!

Alec Anaconda
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Skweezme: Yes, but where are the newbies, new posters?

1. Just a suggestion, but if I were looking for a BB forum, I would skip by this one, assuming it was a mutilation site.

Each to his/her own tastes, but too many current threads reflect my nightmares, not my lifestyle or fantasies.

It’s even spreading to innocent looking threads, such as “Tits VS Balls”.

As I write this, these threads show on the front page:

********** and Sperm

Penectomy enthusiasts

A Pair of Scissors or A Knife

Gelding: CUTTING edge Femdom

********** (fantasies, stories, pics, methods, etc.)

Deep Throat, a subliminal desire for penectomy?

Actual balls. Actually removed. Actually cooked. Actually eaten by a woman.

2. This place is homophobic!

Anyone posting anything MM is treated like a £45 note.

3. Stories, artwork etc that has taken days to produce, often receives little or no feedback .

Alec Anaconda

skweezme
03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree, Alec, there do seem to be rather many **********-related threads here which,as you say, may not be to everyone's taste. Hadn't really thought of that.

curmudgeon
03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I think there are many contributing factors, many of which have been mentioned. But a bit of the slow down has to do with the many other outlets which have popped up in the last few years. From the social media sites to the file sharing it has taken its part little by little.

That aside this forum has always ran through cycles where there is not much posting, or the posting that is being done is almost all highjacked by fetishes with some cross relation but not quite ball busting. While it is good for those to be able to have an outlet as well, it does overshadow the bb stuff and some of the larger contributers fade into the background.

I agree that there is not as much administerial oversight as there was in the past. I am not sure if it is due to the fact that the few admins are just overworked by daily life and then to have to deal with this as well being too much. Or if they have just given up with dealing with the same problems over and over without anyone ever getting a clue. Frustration can be a killer...

But then again, I have been known to just ramble to hear myself talk.......

Mythical Pain
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
A couple thoughts lately, as to the apparent slow death of this forum.

For one, I think Alec Anaconda is correct in that many times the "front page" of the forum gets filled up with topics that either, do not appeal to many of the forum readers, or might drive away those neophytes new to the whole ball busting scene. For people who have just realized they're into ballbusting, or people who have just admitted to themselves they like it, or they just think a good kick in the eggs now and then is sexy...

Gathering up the nerve to venture onto a forum dedicated to it might be hard enough, and when the first thing they see is a thread about some woman cutting off, and eating someone's balls?

That kind of thing is probably driving away a lot of the newbies, and those who are not as deeply ingrained into the fetish as others.

Maiming's not my thing, either, so I just skip those threads entirely. Though, there are a few threads I've seen linger here for far too long for my tastes that make me question my desire to keep returning. Something about the mother wanting to ********...well, you probably saw it. Suffice to say that probably drove folks away, too. I'm very into traditional ballbusting, yet that damn near pushed me off the site.

As far as art/stories go, yes, there are a lot of creative works posted on this site that either get totally ignored or get only a quick response, soon to be pushed aside by the next round of penectomy talk or the next round of video clips bootlegged from some pay per view site.

When I first joined this site a few years back it seemed there was lots of discussion of actual ballbusting going on. Folks sharing stories about times they'd been kicked or sessions they had with some Dominatrix. Lots of pictures of kicks and grabs and so on.

It definitely seems like since that time it's gone a lot more in the way of **********/gelding/penectomy/maiming, diving to the bottom of the deep end of the ballbusting pool. Nothing wrong with threads about that if thats what you like, but I know I tend to skip over all those threads.

It seems like even the visual threads have gone that way...what used to be pictures of kicks, knees, grabs, is now pictures of people getting his balls shoved through some weird little wooden board and stomped on till they're bloody or disfigured. Well, bloodying them is a turn off to me, so there's another round of threads I'm no longer interested in.

At least the grabbing/squeezing thread is still fun most of the time, lol. The visual thread I look at most, now? Ballbusting Cartoons!

In all honesty I found this place because of the Furry Ballbusting thread, found it via a google search I think for something silly like, dragons kicked in the balls, lol. Looking for stories of the sort where a captured princess might turn the tables on her dragon captor by booting his draconic nuts into his head. I myself have since posted quite a few stories on that thread, and I find that the reception is not as large as it was when I started.

I also find that even the Furry Thread now has plenty of ********** stories, and where it used to have pictures of some unfortunate creature getting kneed by a warrior woman, for example...now it's got some unfortunate creature tied to a stake having his balls ripped off.

Which while good for some, is just a bit too final for me. And when an already niche thread gets filled with the really extreme stuff more then ever before, I Think that speaks volumes of the forum in general.

Mythical Pain
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Ah, and part of what Curmudgeon said rings true, as well. While I could be wrong, I thought the forum used to have several different mods and admins so that it would be updated and attended too on a timely fashion.

As you know, new members cannot post anything at all until they've been approved. Now, that's a great way to avoid spammers, trolls, etc, and usually it works well. The problem comes when the mods and admin staff dwindles down to just one or two, who cannot be here very often.

Obviously real life comes first, and any remaining mods/admins have job/family/life/bills/etc to attend before they even have a chance to get on the forum.

100% understandable!

Unfortunately, that leaves the forum suffering as a result. A friend of mine from another website came here, posted four or five posts, and never saw any of them approved. He PMed me asking me why, with the single PM at a time afforded to new members, and I explained he'd have to be approved as a member, first. He waited about a week and finally gave up.

Eventually, he was approved, and I told him via the other site, and he came back.

The same thing has now happened to Alec Anaconda, as he was having trouble logging in with his original account. So he started a new account, only to find that he is still unable to post, anyway. That has gone on for several days now with no change. Thus, the reason he asked me to post his goodbye message in case he's never approved.

Hopefully, he will be. But the fact that it now takes days or weeks to get approved just to post on the forum is likely a large part of the reason we no longer have many new members.

I cannot help but think we get a few new people interested in joining every week, who sign up to post...then, a week later, if they're still not yet approved, they simply give up and never return to the forum again. Eventually they are approved, but as they never post anything else, they eventually get deleted.

The System itself is unfortunately likely to be driving away new members. It keeps all the spammers out, most of the time, but sadly without timely approval anymore its harder for us to get new members.

skweezme
03-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Au revoir

Hi Mr Skweezme,

In the “Gone quieter on here” thread,
http://femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14850 you asked,
Yes, but where are the newbies, new posters?

Sadly, I now know the answer, and this is how I found that information.

Many days ago, The System demanded that I log in.

I don’t recall the last time The System did that, but it was sometime within the last ice age.

I tried all the likely passwords, but failed.

In desperation, I used the password reminder routine, which wanted only my email address.

Now email addresses are ten a penny and I’ve long since discarded most old ones, but I gave The System the only likely candidate.

In its mechanical wisdom, The System ordained that I be henceforth known as “Alec Anaconda, A1”, a newbie with all the encumbrances of that station.

‘Oh dear, what a pity,’ I thought as I composed this narrative.

However, The System knows that nasty people like to misuse forums.

The System was happy to take my message and preview it, but when I posted The System informed me,

“YOUR POST WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL IT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY A MODERATOR.”

I’ve even tried the “CONTACT US” button.

It seems that this forum may well be a titanic liner without a rudder, closed to every newbie and unable to throw a buoy to any falling into the password sea.

A liner steered only by The System.

May I ask that you post this for me?

Au revoir, maybe goodbye, to all on this forum.

I can still read the posts, but I don’t think I can receive a PM.

Thank you all for your company over that last four years.

Alec Anaconda

lws8512
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Skweezme: Yes, but where are the newbies, new posters?

1. Just a suggestion, but if I were looking for a BB forum, I would skip by this one, assuming it was a mutilation site.

Each to his/her own tastes, but too many current threads reflect my nightmares, not my lifestyle or fantasies.

It’s even spreading to innocent looking threads, such as “Tits VS Balls”.

As I write this, these threads show on the front page:

********** and Sperm

Penectomy enthusiasts

A Pair of Scissors or A Knife

Gelding: CUTTING edge Femdom

********** (fantasies, stories, pics, methods, etc.)

Deep Throat, a subliminal desire for penectomy?

Actual balls. Actually removed. Actually cooked. Actually eaten by a woman.

2. This place is homophobic!

Anyone posting anything MM is treated like a £45 note.

3. Stories, artwork etc that has taken days to produce, often receives little or no feedback .

Alec Anaconda

Yup. I'd say that pretty much sums it up (Alec's moderator issues aside).

Can't do much about the second or third issues, but it seems like the first could have an easy fix. Why don't they just start a separate forum for posts of that nature like they have for say trampling or facesitting? That topic really doesn't have much to do with ballbusting anyways.

poolman2
03-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi All,

I have to second lws8512's idea of a separate section for the threads focusing on ********** and other mutilations. They really don't fit with ballbusting threads. What's even worse is that sometimes those obsessed with ********** have occasionally hijacked ballbusting threads. The large fraction of the threads dealing with mutilation could easily alienate people with less extreme interest. I really don't like such posts and have occasionally rebuked such intrusive hijackers.

Let's hope for such a change,

poolman2

EricaBB
03-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Come to think of it... You guys are right.

This place is sort of dead now. And I've noticed since I began this site that it is entirely unmoderated. That may have something to do with it.

This forum is old as shit, and new websites are popping up that are grabbing people's attention. I think people used to view this site so much because of all of the free content they could get from rapidshare and megaupload. Since all this anti-piracy crap started happening, people are switching to streaming sites, like bbtube and kicked in the groin.

The new kickedinthegroin network is moderated, clean, and simply about crotch-kicking. I happen to love that site... It's even got a chat room for god's sake!

But on the real... I don't think it has anything to do with new content, I just thing that the world is moving away from message boards and into a new world of social media.

One from the Vaults
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
There's definitely new content on a fairly regular basis here. Hardly what I'd call dead, although perhaps less active than it once was.

Good to see you're still here, Erica. :-)

EricaBB
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
There's definitely new content on a fairly regular basis here. Hardly what I'd call dead, although perhaps less active than it once was.

Yeah, I use dead as a figure of speech.

But yep, I'm still kickin'.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/41590_157552304266971_2052_n.jpg

Mythical Pain
03-30-2012, 09:45 PM

Yeah, Poiu and I try to keep a decent flow of new content coming in the forum of ballbusting stories...Though, as they're posted in the Furry thread, I suppose they're not everyone's bag. But at least we're trying! Lol.

The new kickedinthegroin network is moderated, clean, and simply about crotch-kicking. I happen to love that site... It's even got a chat room for god's sake!

But on the real... I don't think it has anything to do with new content, I just thing that the world is moving away from message boards and into a new world of social media.

Kicked in the groin, huh? Does it have a forum where users can post their own stories? As in, fictional stories they wrote themselves, for example? Maybe some of the other furry fans here could move over there as well if it's a lot more lively.

EricaBB
03-31-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, Poiu and I try to keep a decent flow of new content coming in the forum of ballbusting stories...Though, as they're posted in the Furry thread, I suppose they're not everyone's bag. But at least we're trying! Lol.

Kicked in the groin, huh? Does it have a forum where users can post their own stories? As in, fictional stories they wrote themselves, for example? Maybe some of the other furry fans here could move over there as well if it's a lot more lively.

There's a forum and a section for stories and erotica.

Though I'm a firm believer in perverts not judging perverts, I suspect that the community may be closed-minded about furries. But I can ask the site owner and see what he thinks about it.

Mythical Pain
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
There's a forum and a section for stories and erotica.

Though I'm a firm believer in perverts not judging perverts, I suspect that the community may be closed-minded about furries. But I can ask the site owner and see what he thinks about it.

Lol, yeah, that would figure.

I can see it now...

"Oh, we absolutely love it when women kick men in the balls around. But if you want to see a woman kicking a fantasy creature in the balls? We're all about those co-eds kicking that nerdy pizza boy in the groin, but a female dragon slayer booting the boot to her quarry? That sir, is over the line!"

I'm like you, I don't judge. I figure, once you're on a ballbusting forum...as long as no one's doing anything to anyone under age, and no one's being hurt against their will, there's no place to judge anyone else for anything, lol.

One from the Vaults
03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Exactly. Which is actually pretty interesting politically, when you think about it... the significance of the combination of fetishes and the internet on general tolerance.

Mythical Pain
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Exactly. Which is actually pretty interesting politically, when you think about it... the significance of the combination of fetishes and the internet on general tolerance.

Yup...there's a story to be written about that...but...I'm too busy writing other stories, lol. As far as I'm concerned, if you expect to be tolerated for your own fetishes or oddities, say, ballbusting, then you should absolutely tolerate others for theirs! Whether it's ballkicking or furry or anything, really.