PDA

View Full Version : So...has anyone ever "taught" a female relative self defense

none66666
04-21-2012, 03:55 AM
moves (aka free nut kicks)...just curious. It seems as though this would be an easy way in (and I've been thinking about all the posters on these kind of boards who say they've done so). I got a tasty aunt who got "harassed" at a gas station. 10-12 years ago she would not have hesitated to alluding to the nuts (albeit not in those terms). I don't have the balls to do it myself, so let me live vicariously through your experiences!!!

curmudgeon
04-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I have taught family members self defense, along with others. But I never taught them in order to receive "free" kicks. Yes the groin strike is a common and useful thing for women to know, and be comfortable doing if the situation arises; but it is far from the main thing the class imparts.

However if your question is: Have any of you who have taught self-defense ever received a good blow to the groin during training? Then the answer is yes.

However if you include role-play. Letting a girlfriend spar with you, and her targetting the balls... that is very different and pretty enjoyable.