PDA

View Full Version : Introduction of balbusting to mainstream movies

tobby
04-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Does anybody knows when and through which movie was BB first introduced to mainstream movies? I think someone on this forum mentioned once that the first time that an act of woman hitting a man in the groin was featured in a movie was sometime in mid 70's or early 80's, but I'd be interested in some more specific information on this.

stman
04-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Does anybody knows when and through which movie was BB first introduced to mainstream movies? I think someone on this forum mentioned once that the first time that an act of woman hitting a man in the groin was featured in a movie was sometime in mid 70's or early 80's, but I'd be interested in some more specific information on this.

Aside from smaller one off films (earliest I've seen is apache dance footage from 1935), Strange Cargo, 1940, Joan Crawford. I had to refresh my memory but I found it again on the good old bbdatabase. I've seen it, but it's been a long time. Possibly there are others, but this is the oldest one I know of anyway.

tobby
04-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Interesting, thanks. :)

I found the Apache Dance video here: http://www.britishpathe.com/video/alexis-and-dorrano-celebrated-adagio-dancers/query/danse+apache