PDA

View Full Version : Forum troubles...

Sing Lung
07-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Can someone please tell me whom must I contact to get an older thread changed or removed from this site? I previously tried to send an e-mail to a forum administrator a couple of months ago about this subject, but I still have not received any feedback.

SadisticSara
07-19-2004, 04:07 AM
Yes. That's me.

Maybe the link that says "Report this Post to a Moderator" doesn't work? I haven't tested it because I'm the Moderator.

Just click on my "pm" button below my posts and send me a "private message" about it.

As Moderator, I can edit or delete posts or threads as well as being able to do lots of other cool stuff.

Just be sure to tell me exactly what you want done and WHY.

- Sara :)

Trouble
07-19-2004, 06:24 AM
I hereby submit my formal application for permission to misunderstand the following, and to submit my reply so as to be consistent with an interpretation of the sentence based upon taking it wholly out of context:

Sadistic Sara said:

Just be sure to tell me exactly what you want done and WHY.

If nobody else takes you up on this offer, let me know. ;)

SadisticSara
07-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Ha, haa, 'Trouble'! :)
I'll have to be careful about what I say and how I say it!

But my statement still stands.
"... Be sure to tell me exactly what you want done and WHY."
At least I didn't say that I would actually DO whatever you want me to!

So, the offer is still good.
Any of you guys can post what you'd like me to do for you (or to you), but in a different thread where it won't be off-topic.
('Trouble' gets a "virtual" online kick in the balls for posting off-topic.) :)

Getting back to the topic of this thread, 'Sing Lung' hasn't contacted me yet about that unspecified thread.
Where are you, Sing Lung?

U P D A T E :

Sing Lung has sent me a private message, and I deleted the 2 posts that he himself had made some time ago that he no longer wanted on the Forum.
Problem solved.

- Sara :)

Magnum
08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi people. I'm a new guy to these forums and look forward to reading all the good stuff I find here. Sadistic Sara, all I can say is WOW! You are awsome!

I do have one question maybe someone can help me with though. Everytime I click on a pic or to reply I have to sign in again and all of the headings and smiles etc. have X's so I can't see them only read what they say. Does that make any sense? Any help would be appreciated.

SadisticSara
08-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks, 'Magnum'. :)

I moved your post to this thread, where it would be on-topic.

I'll assume your browser is set to accept cookies.

Click on the "user cp" button (top of page) to get into your "user control panel".
Then click on "Edit Options".

Where it says "Browse board with cookies?", the option "yes" should be selected.
(Save changes, if necessary.)

That should fix it so you aren't asked to sign in during a session here.

About the smilies and other images being shown by an "X":
I've never had that problem.
I don't know if the above will fix that too, or not. (?)
I don't know enough about it, like if that only happens on this website, or elsewhere too.
I guess I'll just assume that Internet Options > Advanced > Multimedia > "Show pictures"
(or the equivalent for whatever browser you're using) is selected.
Otherwise, let's hope that some member who knows more about that can help us.