PDA

View Full Version : New Forum (Comments?)

SadisticSara
09-06-2004, 09:17 PM
The switch-over to this new Forum was done early this morning.

All previous attachments (pics) seem to have disappeared.
Other than that, everything else seems to have been saved, fortunately!

I'm attaching a pic with this post to make sure it works OK now.

If we can't recover the pics posted before today, I'll delete the previous posts and threads which just featured pics (at a later date).

I like this new Forum much better than the previous version!

What do the rest of you think about this new Forum?
Any comments?

- Sara :)

velvetfog
09-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Wow Sara

Is that you in the pic? You have such beautiful eyes. Please post some more pictures of yourself.

SadisticSara
09-07-2004, 12:26 AM
No, actually that's not me.
But yeah. She has nice eyes.

The pic at the left that appears beside all my posts IS really me though.

Now back to the topic of this thread:

What do you think about this new Forum?
Any comments?

velvetfog
09-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I like that I can post larger pictures. Size does matter in this case.

The look of the forum is fine.

Magnum
09-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Can we see a pic of your feet? Pleeeeese! :iluvu:

thornapple
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
The switch-over to this new Forum was done early this morning.

What do the rest of you think about this new Forum?
Any comments?

I just recently found this forum and it's great. I have a question.
How do I edit postings?

Trouble
09-17-2004, 07:41 PM
How do I edit postings?

You can only edit one of your messages for a short time after posting (about five-fifteen minutes, i think). After you post, re-read your message, spot the thing you said wrong or mis-spelled or whatever, scroll to the bottom of the message - bext to where it says "post", it should have a box marked "edit".

Geezer
09-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Glad to find this forum today. I plan to be a active member as I learn more about torturing my old balls. The "style" of this forum looks great and the best feature is that pics can be seen with messages as opposed to a separate section.
The Geezer

SadisticSara
09-19-2004, 04:45 PM
How do I edit postings?

Yes, 'Trouble' was right in his answer above (as usual) :)
The standard time limit is 20 minutes for editing a post after posting.
That's what it was before the switch-over to this new Forum format, so I imagine it's still probably about the same, although I haven't checked that yet.
Anyway, that's supposed to be enough time to correct any errors in your post.

For editing or deleting your post after that time, you have to get the Moderator (that's me) to do it for you, and have a good reason.
Spelling mistakes and other trivialities aren't considered 'good reasons'. You're supposed to correct those yourself when you read whatever you just finished posting.

When posting, it's also a good idea to click on the "Preview Post" button before clicking on "Submit Reply". That'll let you edit your post before it's posted, and avoid having to rush to edit it after actually posting it.

To contact me about editing or deleting a post, just send me a PM (Private Message) with the details.
The "secret pass-phrase" to be used in a request like that is "please, please, pretty please, I beg you!". (Just kidding!) :)

thornapple
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll try to pay attention better when I am posting. :ibow4u:

___
03-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry, but I don't notice any difference with the new forum.
I thought it was just supposed to be faster because of the new server.

smackMyNuts
04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
What on earth are you talking about? The change happened in September of 2004. You joined in March of 2005. You weren't even here when it occurred. And why on earth do you feel the need to comment about it now? Are you trying to keep people here from talking about Ball Busting or what?

Smack

SadisticSara
04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
It looks like "____" is confusing the recent server switch with the forum upgrade last year!