PDA

View Full Version : Missing Posts...

Sing Lung
01-03-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a general question to all of the currently active members of this forum…

I spoken to several other members and they have also reported that there posts have mysteriously vanished. Further, I have posted several descent posts lately and they have been retracted from this forum.

This site should still give the option to non members to view the pics updated and movie sections. I do not think that it should have been changed to this current SETUP.

Sharon.Femaledom.com
01-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Dear Sing Lung,

I read that another user had this problem on your other post but other then this 1 person who other members are there that have reported to you?

I do not know what happend to your posts as i wasent here on new years eve so unfortunate i cant tell you.... however it wasent me so i guess Sara deleted them for whatever reason but she will let you know im sure.
If it wasent Sara it must have been a error in the database which we cant do anything about now.

About what non members should view then i do pay for letting non members view the last updates page and all the samples from the tours.If people want to use our forum to share many files they can go on kazaa or another program to do this.
Its fine to post up to 2 MB per registred member so you can show some pictures you like but its not a file sharing forum!

play with my plums
01-03-2005, 05:30 PM
For what it`s worth I also had a post go missing around late december. I still show as having posted on the symbol by the thread but my post is`nt there!
I cant see why it would of been deleted, so maybe theres a glitch in the system. :confused:

I think it`s good that people have to be members & participate if they want to enjoy the fruits of other peoples labour, but if their posts go missing, they might stop bothering. :(

Tamakeri
01-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the world of computers gentlemen. A missed backup on a bulletin board is hardly the end of the world.

Sometimes things happen. This isn't exactly a banking establishment where they keep continuous incremental backups on top of hourly delta backups and can restore files down to the microsecond. I'm sure FemaleDom's provider runs backups no more than once a day. I think we could forgive them for not running backups on New Years Day or Christmas Day too. So if the database had a problem on January 1 or January 2, it might have easily had to be rolled back to December 31. One guy who was complaining about missing posts, not_a_wimp or whatever, just joined on December 30 and by January 2 had over 20 posts (over half of which expressed his personal dislike for sandals and ankle boots). One missed backup and he would lose a dozen or so, which is just about what he said happened. If one missed backup is enough to make you throw up your hands and walk away from a forum where by and large people post thoughtful posts that are ON TOPIC, maybe we are all better off.

-Tamakeri

SadisticSara
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
For what it`s worth I also had a post go missing around late december. I still show as having posted on the symbol by the thread but my post is`nt there!
I cant see why it would of been deleted, so maybe theres a glitch in the system. :confused:

I think it`s good that people have to be members & participate if they want to enjoy the fruits of other peoples labour, but if their posts go missing, they might stop bothering. :(

Hi 'play with my plums' :)

I can still see your 6 posts.

It's quite probable that one (or more) were moved to a thread where they would be on topic.
I do that when someone starts a new thread that deals with exactly the same topic as an existing thread. I merge the threads.

Also, if someone posts some interesting links in the "Pics" thread, I move their post to the "Links" thread, where they should be.

To find your 6 posts, open your Profile and click on the text link that says "Find all posts by play with my plums". There they are!

If you're talking about something else, please post (or PM me) the exact details and I'll investigate it.

- Sara :)

me_no_wimp
01-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I've seen your response to my topic, Mistress Sara. By the way, the pictures in that link you gave me don't work. Some of those on your site don't work either - your site administrator may want to take note.

SadisticSara
01-03-2005, 07:42 PM
. . . . . . .
I have posted several descent posts lately and they have been retracted from this forum.

This site should still give the option to non members to view the pics updated and movie sections. I do not think that it should have been changed to this current SETUP.

Hi Sing Lung :)

The decision to make attached pics not viewable full size or downloadable was made by the website owners and administration last year, before the last Forum upgrade.
To find out why, read the thread "Important Notice To All Members From Forum Administrators" at:
www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2175 (http://www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2175)

About your missing posts:
I already posted a reply to you on the Femaledom.com Forum where you asked about them today, but I'll repeat my answer here:

You already sent me a Private Message about that 10 days ago. I answered you and asked you for more information about the post/posts that you were talking about.

You replied to my Private Message, but you didn't mention anything about your missing post/posts.

I only recall deleting one of your posts. In that post, you were very critical of the content of Femaledom.com and you provided a short list of competitors' website URLs. You encouraged members to leave this site (Forums and the main Femaledom.com site) and go to the competitors.

Such a post might have been OK if you had posted the links in the thread called "Free Ballbusting Links" without recommending that other members leave Femaledom.com and without making such negative comments about Femaledom.com.

You didn't make any suggestions in that post about how Femaledom.com might be improved, and I didn't think that your post was beneficial to the free Forums here or to Femaledom.com
In fact, I would call your post 'malicious'.

Perhaps you were just in a bad mood when you posted that.
In any event, such a post was inappropriate in the "Ballbusting World" forum.

As you must recall, I have deleted other posts of yours at your request, when (for reasons you didn't tell me) you decided that you didn't want them on the Forums any longer. Example:
www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5266 (http://www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5266)

The above-mentioned is the only post of yours that I recall deleting without you asking me to. That's why I asked you in my Private Message (about 10 days ago) for more information on your missing post/posts. As far as I'm aware, I only deleted that post, and in your PM reply you didn't give me any information on any missing posts so that I might try to check it out.

Hope this answers your question about your missing post/posts.

If it doesn't, send me a Private Message about it, or post about it here in this thread.

Thanks, Sing Lung. ;)

SadisticSara
01-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I've seen your response to my topic, Mistress Sara. By the way, the pictures in that link you gave me don't work. Some of those on your site don't work either - your site administrator may want to take note.

Hi again, 'me_no_wimp' :)

Sorry you can't see those pics. :(
I'm looking at them right now, in a separate window, and they look fine from here.

Might be your computer settings?
They're hotlinked pics (not attached), so some programs that eliminate advertising might detect that they aren't from this site (not on our servers) and might prevent you from seeing them.

Anyway, the source URL of the hotlinked pic I mentioned to you on the Footfetish forum is:
http://svenskafotfetishklubben.hothost.tv/2b7e1854.jpg
You can access it directly.

If other members report problems seeing the hotlinked pics, I'll ask Sharon to get the tech guys to check it.
But I really don't see how it could be a problem at this end, since other members (and myself) can see the pics fine.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

PS.
For the rest of you, we're talking about the pics at:
www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956 (http://www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956)
(In case you want to check them yourselves.)

gary198
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
When I firdt joined I couldn't see the expanded pics. After fooling around with ZoneAlarm firewall. they show just fine. Check your firewall or internet options.

Sing Lung
01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Thank you, for the abovementioned clarification : )

Also, I am pleased about your great feedback & comments for they were really great!

To conclude, take care everyone and have a great new year!

S.L

BBTex
01-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Check your firewall or internet options.

thank you thank you.. i shut off my firewall and i can see them now

me_no_wimp
01-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I can normally see pictures but cannot see those:

When I try to load the http://svenskafotfetishklubben.hothost.tv/2b7e1854.jpg
direct it simply redirects me to this page:

http://www.hardfucking.biz/44987/uk/index.html

which isn't what I want. Perhaps that picture is in a protected area of the site?

I guess

Tamakeri
01-06-2005, 07:16 AM
When I try to load the http://svenskafotfetishklubben.hothost.tv/2b7e1854.jpg
direct it simply redirects me to this page:

http://www.hardfucking.biz/44987/uk/index.html

That picture works fine for me too. I suspect a drive by virus has maybe corrupted your "hosts" file, and you're being hijacked. If you use XP as an operating system then the hosts file is in windows\system32\drivers\etc It typically shouldn't have any/many entries in it. If it has supicious numbers or website names in it, try renaming it so your browser can't find it, then reboot and try the picture link again. Some antispy programs like Spy Sweeper monitor that file to make sure nobody changes it, but most don't seem to.

-Tamakeri

me_no_wimp
01-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks but my hosts file has nothing but localhost in it, and has not changed since 2002.