PDA

View Full Version : Question about viewing 'Updates' at Femaledom.com

djto
01-03-2005, 10:55 AM
a few of my friends have been thinking about becoming a member of this site but they are complaining about not being able to see any free samples of pictures or clips. is there any film clips on this site?

SadisticSara
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
a few of my friends have been thinking about becoming a member of this site but they are complaining about not being able to see any free samples of pictures or clips. is there any film clips on this site?

Hi 'djto' :)

Yes, at www.femaledom.com (http://www.femaledom.com) you can click on any of the 4 large category images to see free samples.
They're thumbnails, but anyone can click on them to see them full size.

Also at www.femaledom.com (http://www.femaledom.com) guests/visitors can click on the "Updates" button for more free sample pics.

No free video clips (due to bandwidth costs), but there are plenty of good quality full size pics!

- Sara :)

oRioN
01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I would really like to purchase a video from femaledom.com of a guy losing consciousness. Perhaps one day there'll be such a video produced, or if anyone has some kind of other video related to it i'm interested.

BBTex
01-04-2005, 04:06 PM
the pictures didnt work for me... so i just registered and now we will see if they work :)

SadisticSara
01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
the pictures didnt work for me... so i just registered and now we will see if they work :)

Several other members have reported the same problem in other threads.
Then 'gary198' wrote:

When I firdt joined I couldn't see the expanded pics. After fooling around with ZoneAlarm firewall. they show just fine. Check your firewall or internet options.

That solved the problem for some members, including for you. I'm posting this for others who have the same problem. For example, you (BBTex) replied to 'gary198':

thank you thank you.. i shut off my firewall and i can see them now

Instead of turning your firewall off, it might be better just to configure it. Some firewalls have such configuration options. ;)

Anyway, the point is that firewalls prevent some members from seeing the pics.

I hope the information in this post solves the problem that some other members have in seeing the pics. ;)

me_no_wimp
01-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Pictures like this won't show for me:

http://femaledom.com/ballbusting/1.jpg

That's a picture which is shown on this page:

http://femaledom.com/ballbusting.html

Therefore it is a locally hosted picture, with no javascript or anything else which might be blocked by my firewalls. When I tried loading that picture direct I got "you do not have the permission to view this page" or something to that effect. That is a picture that comes off the main page.

SadisticSara
01-18-2005, 08:06 AM
. . . . . . .
Therefore it is a locally hosted picture, with no javascript or anything else which might be blocked by my firewalls. When I tried loading that picture direct I got "you do not have the permission to view this page" or something to that effect. That is a picture that comes off the main page.

The other guys were also talking about locally hosted pics with no javascript involved.
For them the problem was solved by turning off the firewall. They can now click on the thumbnails to see the full size pics.

When going straight to the URL of the jpg, I get the same error message as you do. I don't know enough about it but the site might be set up like that to avoid hotlinking the pics?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Maybe another member has other suggestions for you, assuming you're still having problems with your firewall temporarily turned off?

me_no_wimp
01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Thank you - I disabled Norton Internet Security by switching Security to Off and the pictures loaded.

However may I suggest (perhaps to Sharon?) that this should not be necessary - I don't have to do this on most other sites that have pictures. And I have Norton Internet Security for a very good reason and don't want it disabled.

I know there may be a way to configure it without disabling it altogether (although I don't know the exact details) but is it really necessary even then? I'd rather not compromise the security of my computer.

SadisticSara
01-19-2005, 07:29 PM
me_no_wimp:

I agree with you!

Visitors should NOT have to disable their firewall to view the sample pics full size.

Visitors with a firewall don't know that they can only see the pics if they disable their firewall.

Even visitors to www.femaledom.com (http://www.femaledom.com/) who somehow discover that the 'secret trick' to see the pics is to disable their firewall should not have to compromise their online security by disabling their firewall.

It's (in my opinion) ridiculous to expect visitors to disable their firewall.

You're right. Other sites with thumbnails and pics work fine without disabling one's firewall.

Plus, there's nothing on the website indicating that the pics can't be seen by visitors with a firewall.
That means that they (those with firewalls) will think that the site doesn't work properly, and just give up. They won't likely pay for membership for a website that doesn't function properly!

I'm going to write a note to Sharon (the Webmistress) explaining this problem, and suggest that she get those pages rescripted.

The website is missing out on getting visitors with firewalls to sign up as members, because they can't even view the free sample pics.

BBTex
01-22-2005, 12:22 AM
well i just disable mine to see the pics then stick it right back on after so nothing will happen