PDA

View Full Version : Sara, a question on numbers?

seer
03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
I see that to date you've removed over 1300 forum members to date. I'm curious on just how many members are still remaining? It must be quite a number! I hope that I'm still active enough to remain a member, It's been busy for me and I haven't got here as often as I'd like.

Seer

Trouble
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I think that there are 438 members currently in the Members List. You can browse that list, as well as the FAQ file, and some other stuff like searching the message database - like, fer example, if'n y'all wants to archive all of the posts by Yours Truly. Ah figger somebody has to archive all of the messages that Ah have ever posted, might's well be yew. If'n yew need me, I'll be at my ranch, takin' a nap.

Much obliged.

SadisticSara
03-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Yes, Trouble is right. :)

I've removed (banned) 1,380 members so far, which leaves 438 on the members list (as of today).

That means that I've removed 3 out of every 4 members.
Gee. That makes me sound a bit strict!
"But I only kill the bad guys!" :Baahaha:

Anyway, there aren't 100,000 members here.
Quality, not quantity. Better to have a few hundred active members than a few thousand who never post.

Top Reasons For Being Banned (in descending order)
- Not logging in for over a year.
- Not logging in since the day you signed up, after a few months.
- Not posting anything for over 2 months after signing up.
- Posting once, then 'coasting' for months and months without posting.
- Posting a trivial one-liner as your first post. (Like "hello" or "nice pics" or "I agree" or "I'm just posting this to download the pics")
- Posting insults or way off-topic. (Like "you perverts are all sick in the head!" or "repent and be saved!" or "I'm a 13 year old girl into kinky sex so email me and we'll meet" or "I prefer sheep now because my goat bit me" or "add 4 inches!!! send $25!!")
- Using a very objectionable username or avatar.
- miscellaneous (just use "common sense")

Members who post every now and then aren't banned without a reason.
Don't worry about it too much. ;)

- Sara :)

Julie18nz
03-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I prefer sheep now, because my goat bit me. :Baahaha: :Baahaha: :Baahaha:

I actually laughed out loud when I read that :p

Trouble
03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Didn't you see, "add 4 inches!!! send $25!!" -- you could be a 38 for just tewnty-five bucks!!! :Baahaha: :Baahaha: :Baahaha:

I ain't nuthin' BUT Trouble, I tell yah.

BBTex
03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
i really dont post that much.. i only post when i think it is important.. would i get banned just for looking at the forum and not posting for months? i dont think that's fair :)

SadisticSara
03-17-2005, 01:44 AM
i really dont post that much.. i only post when i think it is important.. would i get banned just for looking at the forum and not posting for months? i dont think that's fair

BBTex:

Yes, you could be removed from the Active Member List if you didn't post anything for months.

It's not possible to be "fair" to everyone simultaneously. That's not the way the universe (or this forum) works.

The longest you've ever gone between posts is 18 days - between your 10th and 11th post. You're currently posting at an average rate of 0.18 posts per day. No problem there. You post more frequently than most Members do.

If you just want to be "looking at the forum and not posting for months", you don't need to be a Member to do so. Even an unregistered Guest can do that.

So, if your membership ever became deactivated due to inactivity, and if you wanted to post again - you could just register again and post. You could be 'BBTex-1', then 'BBTex-2', then 'BBTex-3', etc. . . (for example).

The Members List is a list of active forum members. Members who don't post for months are no longer considered 'active members'.

Before formulating the Forum Rules, consideration was given to circumstances and situations that may affect Members such as illness, vacations, and so on...

- Sara :)

BBTex
03-19-2005, 11:48 AM
ok thank you very much :)