PDA

View Full Version : Gender roles

bigguy88
04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
I've had this interest in ballbusting for a really long time. It seems more common than I thought. My girlfriend and I switch off dominating each other. I don't really understand why one would pay for the service. I just like the idea of control. I don't know why I've felt women to be superior for so long. Their freedom has always enticed me. I don't feel like I want to be a woman, but I do feel like I want to be socially accepted wearing whatever the fuck I want. And sometimes, I do want to wear skirts. Not to impersonate women, but just to create myself in a fashion of which I've not been able. It seems that a woman's obsession with fashion and a man's obsession with cars stem from the same place. Not that I have an obsession with cars. To be honest, I don't understand either. I don't know why I'm writing this. Just to see if I'm as crazy as I feel, I guess.

Trouble
04-02-2005, 02:10 AM
To be honest, I don't understand either. I don't know why I'm writing this. Just to see if I'm as crazy as I feel, I guess.
A) A man is always as crazy as he feels, and B) join the club.

Women have been 'fighting' for more rights for a long time; there is a social sense of a togetherness among women, which does not extend to all women and few men have the same social construct in which to interact. The togetherness part of the female gender role lends to women in general a power which men lack: concentration of firepower by working together. The gender role for males i that we are socially expected to conform to being noncomformists, loners, independent, shut off from expressing our feelings.

But that's just the societally-imposed gender role; we are not just gender roles, clockwork oranges, or extensions ofthe personae made available to us by TV, we are people. I have a female friend who was raised by her father; she thinks that other women are insane. "High heel shoes? WHY?!?" "Carry a purse? My wallet fits in my pocket!" "Stand around, gossip, and make dinner? Actually... Okay, let's!" (She's on the fence on some of the expectations the world has for her.) One of her and my joint observations, which is more opinionated blather than scientific deduction, is that women seem to be more responsbile for dominating and repressing other women, and men more responsible for dominating and repressing other men.

Who expects her to wear high heels, a skirt, and a purse that matches her lip stick? Other women. Who expects me to play pool and know a Dodge from a Toyota? Other men. They're just gender roles, and the people who know a man's gender role best is another man. It makes people uncomfortable when they see someone defying the gender role that "their type" are supposed to follow. Well, screw that. Keep doing your own thing. If you want to wear a skirt, wear a skirt. (But, um... yah'll still can't be my dance pardner, skirt or no skirt...)

If you have a caring and understanding partner to play with, you've got all you need; don't let other people dictate to you who you have to be and what you have to like, and don't feel crazy just because you are not feeling like being pushed into the I-am-obsessed-with-the-internal-combustion-engine crowd.

Let the gender role be how stupid people see you (stupid people are notoriously entrenched in that sort of thing, so don't bother to fight it) -- but see yourself as however you want to be.

BrokenBalls
04-28-2005, 12:36 PM
That is so true. You are who you are, so be free to be who you are . Dont let general society get you down!! Wear a skirt and enjoy it!!