PDA

View Full Version : why so many views and so little replies?

Guitar Man
06-17-2005, 02:20 PM
i think the average is about 1 reply for every 50 views. why can't more people resond to posts? it only takes a few seconds.

i can't believe this forum only gets a 2% response rate. it's a great forum! post more!

:bananajum

tonyr
06-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I agree. I think that a lot of people are still shy when it comes to expressing themselves. Without regular posts from a wider selection of members, the forums can appear to be the preserve of just a few.

Trouble
06-17-2005, 06:30 PM
One of the reasons: every time any one of us re-visits a thread, the counter goes up by one. And we sure as heck do not reply to every post (well, Inqy did, but that was him...)

smackMyNuts
06-17-2005, 10:35 PM
People should speak when they have something worth saying. That's much better than talking just to talk.

Smack

Troubled
06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
People should speak when they have something worth saying. That's much better than talking just to talk.Yeah! Like he said!

phrank
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
lotsa lurkers...don't wanna come out and let us know they like this kinda stuff...

David_B
06-18-2005, 04:31 PM
i can't believe this forum only gets a 2% response rate. it's a great forum! post more!
I think this is the case on almost every forum on the Internet. The number of readers always far outweighs the number of posters. I suppose people just enjoy their interests in their own way, very often privately.

Also remember BB is a worldwide fetish, so lot of people visiting this particular forum may have a first language other than English, i.e. from the whole of the rest of Europe, Far East, etc, so they may not feel confident enough to write in a foreign language.

David B.
--
http://www.ballbustinggoddess.com/Samples/Updates.html

Troubled
06-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Are the hits just from members or from non-members as well? (I guess that’s a question for Sharon) If it includes the latter then they won’t be able to post. In addition all members that joined in the last 2 weeks or so cannot post anyway but I bet their viewings (or attempts to post) register in the overall count.

powerslave
06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I guess it also has to do with the fact that ballbusting pics, movies and stories are hard to find in comparison to mainstream appeal. So most visit the forum in the hope of getting freebies.

There are some boards that do not allow views without registration and logging in, but that would make more work for the admin.

Trouble
06-19-2005, 01:05 AM
If we have fifty regulars (we have maybe half that, no?), then there will be at least 25 views per post, since we all read up on the new posts and none of us (thankfully!) reply to every message.

Whoa, Batman! Trouble just found some estimates that would give us a 4% resoonse rate -- and that's without counting the lurkers!!!!!!!!

These gifts are derived from neither God nor machine, but from Man -- i.e., I took math.

gary198
06-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Some of us work long hours. After 14-16 hours working out in the boonies, the last thing anyone needs is to be rebuked for not posting. Without a job I can't pay for internet or membership to anything.
My 12 week job turned out to be an ongoing 12 month gig. Stuck with dialup access. All I can do is let downloads or uploads run all night and check them in the a.m.
P.S.
No replies on satellite access. Any ideas?

leftnut
06-19-2005, 08:43 AM
I am a little put off when I see a new reply to a thread. I take the time and do the clicks to find somebody has just put in some inane comment like "I agree" or "good stuff". If there is nothing to add then don't.

Trouble
06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I am a little put off when I see a new reply to a thread. I take the time and do the clicks to find somebody has just put in some inane comment like "I agree" or "good stuff". If there is nothing to add then don't.
Femaledom.com has been working steadily to remove those messages so devoid of content. In many cases, warnings or even suspensions ensued. There should be much less of a problem now than we have had in the past.

Involving more people is an ongoing problem, but an entirely different sort of "problem" -- with people who poast two-word trivial posts, their posts are the problem. With people who do not post at all, they are not doing anything wrong, but th rest of us are confronted with taking the following up as a "problem" or not: "How do we get people active? What do they need to see more of or less of?How many people see this stuff or care?"

If vBulletin were telepathic, that would solve a lot of problems. We'd program it to filter your thoughts and find out what we were doing right and what we're doing wrong, and adapt to suit people's needs.

Not "us" meaning me, of course; I'm just a rabble rouser. :D

Dualing Banjo
06-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm new here. I read the rules but can't see where to post as a new member.

BBTex
06-24-2005, 11:42 PM
i usually just post whenever i have something to say... and i dont usually have anything to say

Guitar Man
06-26-2005, 11:03 AM
there was really no need to post that.

David_B
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
There should be a competition for the most trivial post each month.

David B.
--
http://www.ballbustinggoddess.com/Samples/Updates.html

Trouble
06-26-2005, 05:48 PM
There should be a competition for the most trivial post each month.

I'd win. Every month. Being verbose doesn't mean I have anything to say. BOOYAH!!!
:bananad:

tonyr
06-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I'd win. Every month. Being verbose doesn't mean I have anything to say. BOOYAH!!!
:bananad:
Typical :D
Anyway, I wish more would post as this is what makes it what it is. Forums are for debates and expressions. Ballbusting still sadly has too many observing and not enough partaking and helping sites by joining them so that they can advance 'Our Art' even further. It is the regular posters whom keep the whole thing rolling :)
More need to forget being on or behind the fence and get into the party spirit of the what it is really all about. :letsplay