PDA

View Full Version : NTCWEB is back

nutslave
10-18-2005, 10:33 AM
i'm not sure if anyone has discovered this yet ... well Barefoot Princess did but ntcweb is back online at http://www.ntcweb.com/board/

nutslave

Magnum
10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
I registered to it a few days ago and still can't get into it. :(

CBTFanAR
10-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Likewise, I filled out the registration and have yet to get any confirmation email. Does anyone have any more info on that site or the status of the new registrations?

snibbor
10-20-2005, 05:42 AM
i registered and got an email quickly and had no trouble loging on.

CBTFanAR
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I just tried again with a different username and email address in case there was a problem with the 1st ones I gave (which there shouldn't be... I use them all the time) and still nothing...

I don't see contact info for assistance anywhere on there. Do any of you happen to have a contact email for them or something so I can find out what is going on?

Geezer
10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I just tried again with a different username and email address in case there was a problem with the 1st ones I gave (which there shouldn't be... I use them all the time) and still nothing...

I don't see contact info for assistance anywhere on there. Do any of you happen to have a contact email for them or something so I can find out what is going on?

I was a registered user of ntcweb before it went down and my password was no longer good so I re-registered using my old username and password and it was accepted (which indicates to me that all old users have to re-register).

The activation e-mail was not apparent in my Yahoo Mailbox so I checked my bulk mailbox and there it was. I visited the activation link and all is well. There is (understandably) little action yet and the Picpost section isn't active yet (what are 2257 protocols? or something like that) but are promised this week.

I saved my activation e-mail and the return address was info@ntcweb.com. You might try that.

The Geezer

Troubled
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I found login to be browser dependent. Explorer failed. Firefox worked fine.

nutslave
10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
i use firefox as well and i didn't have any issues with the login ... i just registered got the email right away and i was able to login and surf away.

nutslave

crushee
10-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I registered about a week ago, but I did not receive any confirmation mail. When I try to login, I get the answer: not registered.
This evening, I tried to register once more, but got the answer:login already exist !

Magnum
10-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I tried again under a different name and password etc. and still nothing. :(

Trouble
10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Okay, those STILL having Trouble: WHAT BROWSER are you using? The folks with Firefox are getting through.

I used to maintain a web page which had a "Microsoft Free Zone" on it; a web page which had updates on the latest anti-MS news, said page having the MSTE code in it which, at the time, would crash Explorer (same code no longer works) -- the thing is that browsers are written by different companies and groups, and it could very well be intentional or unintentional that Explorer might not get you where you want to go.

Magnum
10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm using IE so if you have any suggestions let me know, just remember I know very little when comes to computer lingo.

crushee
10-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm using IE either. As far as I understand the previous posts, it does not work as itiis supposed to! Thank you MS.

chewbally
10-26-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm using IE so if you have any suggestions let me know, just remember I know very little when comes to computer lingo.Try Firefox. Get a free download at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ its pretty self-explanatory.

Trouble
10-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Try Firefox. Get a free download at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ its pretty self-explanatory.
Ha ha ha! That was the advice I was going to post! "IE not working? Download firefox. Duh."

Microsoft did not write DOS; there is some indication that they did not write much of some versions of Windows; they did write OS/2 (bizarre); Internet Explorer is a cheap imitation of Netscape Navigator; MS-Word is a cheap imitation of Final Writer; get the damn clue, their software sucks, always has, and they are not getting better.