PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling

pecs
04-21-2006, 12:24 PM
As well as my interest in bb I am a jujutsu instructor. I often read about such things and recently came across the following...

"Grappling for competition and grappling for survival are two very different scenarios. In the world of submission fighting the armbar, leglock or Kimura armlock maybe 'king' but outside of these sporting boundaries they will not necessarily do the job.

In my book 'Grappling with Reality', I went to great lengths to examine and explain the differences between sport grappling and combat grappling. In this article I would like to examine some of the most popular pins, holds and submissions and look at how they must be greatly adapted to survive on the pavement area.

The Guard
Everybody in the grappling world will know this position. It has become extremely popular due to the art of Brazilian Ju Jutsu. They are world class exponents of the guard skills.
In the street the guard can be utilized effectively by simply attacking the groin. This target is illegal in any competitive arena but when no rules mean no rules, it will do the job! Sit up and back in the guard and punch, grab squeeze or twist the testicles and your opponent is opening his guard instantly. Popping up in stand and punching down into the groin will soon have you passing.

If you are pulled into a tight defensive guard, biting will soon get you free. Anywhere is a 'game' target. Ears and neck being favourite. Brutal but also highly effective. It gets you instantly out of that negative 'we're both going to lie in the guard routine'. Don't also forget the trusty thumb in the eye. This always has a profound effect.

Yes the methods are crude but I like to refer to them as 'scientific dirty fighting'. Remember we are fighting for our lives, not just points or a trophy. When you are on the floor you are in extreme danger of being battered by a third party, you must try to regain your feet as soon as possible, unless you really want to keep your opponent down.

These methods of breaking the guard are tried and tested. The Gracies were not stupid when they first introduced the UFC with the stipulations for no biting, eye gouging or groin shots. Certainly with the inclusion of these methods it could never be accepted as a sport but also it tipped the scales in their favour for their groundwork. If you think these things are not effective or instinctive to the average person just wrestle with an untrained female and she will have bitten, gouged, hair pulled and testicle squeezed you a dozen times in the first twenty seconds! These are primal reactions, that work"!

Anyway... I am really interested in wresling a women with groin shots alowed and wonder if anyone here has done so. I find all this stuff with the guy standing there and just taking it rather boring.

I have always found that a bit of tit pulling and nipple twisting evens the score + never fails in making 'em go for 'ya balls;) ...Anyone else (ladies especialy) out there interested in wrestling... like to pass on any experiences?

abused berries
04-21-2006, 11:20 PM
its certainly true that doing the things which are illegal in fight sports, such as small joint manipulation, striking or wrenching the package, biting, fishhooking, gouging eyes, and trachea manipulation (choking with hands) invalidate some brazilian jujitsu techniques in the street. however, if you are wearing jeans, for instance, grabbing someones nuts is often easier said than done. especially if your other arm is in a submission such as an armbar or kimura or omoplata and you need your free hand to at least stave off a full extension of the joint. a triangle would probably work in a street fight since you can pull the arm in tight and also keep the opponent so close to your groin that they cannot effectively manipulate your goodies. it would be pretty hard to get at the balls in an armbar anyway since the arm is already across the groin. a keylock from sidemount

im pretty sure that most vale tudo events in brazil still allow groin strikes, but BJJ players are still well-represented in those shows.

pictures for the unfamiliar
keylock
http://fightpics.tripod.com/lsseminar01/lshootseminar007.jpg
armbar
http://slithytoves.sytes.net/~mglover/wordpress/media/armbar.jpg
triangle
http://slithytoves.sytes.net/~mglover/wordpress/media/triangle.jpg
kimura
http://www.granthammartialarts.com/classes20GMA/Brazilian_Jiu_Jitsu/bjj_pictures/11-24-04_chris_rich_americana_side.jpg

*goes and watches mma highlights*

EDIT: just to actually speak to your point, i think there is a site called "matrock" that specializes in mixed wrestling. however, anything which is not strictly ballbusting may be little more than a tease for you.

pecs
04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Matrock is a nice site but yes.... it is only a tease ...no real bb:(

...is there really no mixed wrestling sites out there with real (not pretend) bb ?

I have had a little fun in my Jujutsu class on occasions... I tell the student that I am whearing protection so they can practice groin strikes... mmm.. the feeling of the knee going in;)

Has anybody here had some fun with mixed wrestling?

Tballs
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
I have posted this here before -
I had a wrestling session some years ago where she was in panties and me in briefs, and she was invited to get to my balls... if she could. She couldn't get them, as I was captain of my wrestling team in high school, and had a 40 lb. advantage.
So finally, I became intentionally careless. She got a grip on my balls ONCE, and I had to call it quits. The pain was far beyond the many ballbusting sessions I've had over the years, and I became immediately and totally incapacitated. I'll never do it again!
However, the memory is wonderful.

Ace Hardlight
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I have posted this here before -
I had a wrestling session some years ago where she was in panties and me in briefs, and she was invited to get to my balls... if she could. She couldn't get them, as I was captain of my wrestling team in high school, and had a 40 lb. advantage.
So finally, I became intentionally careless. She got a grip on my balls ONCE, and I had to call it quits. The pain was far beyond the many ballbusting sessions I've had over the years, and I became immediately and totally incapacitated. I'll never do it again!
However, the memory is wonderful.

Lightweight huh? I don't think you ever stood a chance.

I remember back to my high school days [those were the days]. I was 5' 10", 220lbs, Lead Guard and running around with many women. Come to think of it, I believe I discovered my fetish by the end of my freashman year. I use to have almost all of my girlfriends kick me and have bb forplay. Even though most of them didn't get into it [some of them did, and it really hurt], we still had our share of each other before the night was over.

Wow did I get distracted. Anyway, in a real mixed match, the balls may be a fair target. Though, whenever I wanted my girlfriend to stop, I would overcome the pain and pry her away from my balls.

In life-threatening self defence, then I guess that you are supposed to kick a guy in the nuts to save yourself if you are a woman.

squeezeballs
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
ouch my eggs
poor man HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRR
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4E7B8PHF

fittizzioh
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
If you think these things are not effective or instinctive to the average person just wrestle with an untrained female and she will have bitten, gouged, hair pulled and testicle squeezed you a dozen times in the first twenty seconds!

This happens daily for me with my girlfriend

I have always found that a bit of tit pulling and nipple twisting evens the score + never fails in making 'em go for 'ya balls;)

You're right, pal!!!!!!