PDA

View Full Version : Video tech

gary198
07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Is there any way to put some of these downloaded videos on DVD? Then maybe I could upload some major megabytes to rapidshare or somewhere else. How would I go about renameing the vids to burn them to DVD?

The-One
07-22-2006, 09:57 PM
not much point burining them to a DVD if all you want to do with them is to upload on to Rapidshare as there is a upload limit of 100mb although split archives is allowed.

you may as well just uploads the vids now.

unless you want to burn to DVD as a backup in case your hdd breaks

gary198
07-23-2006, 06:13 AM
It won't be the first hard drive crash I've had. Really want to back up these files so I won't have to spend months chasing them down again. After last crash, some of the files were no longer avaible.

David_B
07-23-2006, 02:39 PM
It's fairly cheap to add a DVD writer to your PC these days. You can buy one for 40-50 dollars from Amazon.

If you are thinking of buying a DVD writer, this guide may be of use to help you decide which type to choose.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;282707134;pp;1;taxid;116

David B.
--
http://www.ballbustinggoddess.com/Samples/Updates.html

Kick me UK
07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
hi,

If you want to do DVDs, then just get any DVD writer (Pionere are good) then get the Nero suite software (Version 6 will do). This software lets you do anything to do with burning your own cds/dvds, and is easy to use.

Hope this helps.

gary198
07-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Alreadt have a DVD writer. Need to know how to rename .mpg .avi .mpeg .rm and so on to be read by ANY DVD player
Have Nero with smart start. What format are DVD files anyhoe? Tried to burn a disk, but it only works on a pc.

fittizzioh
07-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Ok I did some video dvds so I think I can help.

If you want dvds to be playable by standalone dvd players you need nero vision (nero extension for "dvd authoring"). It converts avi or mpeg files (or maybe many more) to ifo files, contained in the "video_ts" directory of video dvds. Consider that it is an "old" format, that follows the mpeg2 standard, so it requires much space (compare divx films with dvd ones to get an idea)!!!

However there are also freeware softwares as Avi2Dvd, which can generate an "iso" (dvd image) of the video dvd that you can later burn on the optical support!
Consider that avi2dvd can just convert from divx and xvid to video dvd, so real media and other strange/proprietary formats MUST be converted first, with a little loss of quality.

cutponies
07-24-2006, 04:15 AM
Alreadt have a DVD writer. Need to know how to rename .mpg .avi .mpeg .rm and so on to be read by ANY DVD player
Have Nero with smart start. What format are DVD files anyhoe? Tried to burn a disk, but it only works on a pc.

It will convert mpegs to a dvd movie, each mpeg it's own chapter. It will also make a DVD slideshow from stills.

resulting DVD playable on all machines.

Or with Nero try doing a Super VCD. This is a cd that will also play in many DVD players as well as PCs.. DVD quality but not DVD time (800 megs vs 8 gigs)

cutponies
07-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Ok I did some video dvds so I think I can help.

If you want dvds to be playable by standalone dvd players you need nero vision (nero extension for "dvd authoring"). It converts avi or mpeg files (or maybe many more) to ifo files, contained in the "video_ts" directory of video dvds. Consider that it is an "old" format, that follows the mpeg2 standard, so it requires much space (compare divx films with dvd ones to get an idea)!!!

However there are also freeware softwares as Avi2Dvd, which can generate an "iso" (dvd image) of the video dvd that you can later burn on the optical support!
Consider that avi2dvd can just convert from divx and xvid to video dvd, so real media and other strange/proprietary formats MUST be converted first, with a little loss of quality.

Just my man. Do you know of a program that will convert QT and Real to mpeg or wmv?

fittizzioh
07-25-2006, 03:57 AM
Yes QT and real are proprietary formats, but as you can see those videos (and listen to the audio) you can also re-encode each frame in a new video format... under linux ffmpeg does this very well!

Under Win you can use http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html which uses a windows port of ffmpeg!

It works very well!

gary198
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
One more question. When I visit youtube and try to play videos, I receive a message that I have JavaScript turned off. How do I turn it on? Internet tools says scripting is enabled. This is the only site (so far) that will not let videos play.

cutponies
07-29-2006, 02:28 PM
One more question. When I visit youtube and try to play videos, I receive a message that I have JavaScript turned off. How do I turn it on? Internet tools says scripting is enabled. This is the only site (so far) that will not let videos play.

Settings-Control Panel- Java

Open Java, click into advanced

In advanced

In box JNLP/MIME Association, check box "allow if association is new"

I had a similiar problem and that fixed it

Ciao Kemo Sabe, and good luck :bananawin

gary198
07-29-2006, 05:02 PM
cutponies, thanks for the tip, but I still get the message:

you either have JavaScript turned off or don't have the latest flash player
Adobe says everything is up to date. Any ideas?

gary198
07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Finally got it to work. Had to go to Adobe flash settings(global) and reset default to custom.

cutponies
07-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Finally got it to work. Had to go to Adobe flash settings(global) and reset default to custom.

IF PLANNERS DESIGNED CITIES THE WAY MICROSOFT WRITES PROGRAMS, ONE TERMITE OR WOODPECKER COULD DESTROY CIVILIZATION!