PDA

View Full Version : New forum colour and layout?

Sharon.Femaledom.com
09-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

As you have noticed we have changed the colours a bit and would like to know what you guys think of it?

We are not done yet with but please let us know of any hard to see txt or if you dont like the colours or anything else about the changes you have seen so far.:)

rooster
09-10-2006, 10:38 AM
its too bright to me, i liked how it looked darker before, maybe a bit more black and chrome..

Julie18nz
09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
For what it's worth, I LOVE the new layout and colours. The only problem I have had, so far, is reading posts done in light green

dclett
09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
It's nice, I like it :)

Snoodle
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
It's kind of bright...I think the beige and red clash a little bit. :wooow

male4her2cut
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
It's OK although one has to be careful what color they use

Trouble
09-11-2006, 02:42 AM
For what it's worth, I LOVE the new layout and colours. The only problem I have had, so far, is reading posts done in light green
Oh, come on, Julie, what IDIOT would post messages in LIGHT GREEN?!?

To Sharon: As part of the new look, please remember to change the default little pallette of colours from among which we are prompted to choose when we use that feature in the editor. I think the new colours are too bright, but that's only because I have a superstition about wearing my shades indoors. At night. Can we find a medium that is a bit darker, but not as dark as it was?

cheesenut2
09-11-2006, 04:12 AM
What seems to be missing is the date of the post, which used to be among the data on the left side.

cheesenut2
09-11-2006, 04:16 AM
What seems to be missing is the date of the post, which used to be among the data on the left side.
Sorry, I was mistaken. The posting date and time is just above the post.

Tballs
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't see the date or time, either. The bar above the post is blank.

Trouble
09-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't see the date or time, either. The bar above the post is blank.
In my browser, the date and time are in the same colour as the bat above the message. Try highlighting the area, Tballs; six'll getcha twelve it's the same way on your browser.

J T
09-12-2006, 02:14 AM
I think a color in between the two would work better.

novice
09-12-2006, 02:36 AM
I think its cool and easy on the eye !

TheDA
09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
The black lettering on brown/maroon background is very hard to see. Perhaps you could change the lettering color? Otherwise nice and bright. I like it.

TheDA

thornapple
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I like the new look!

poolman2
09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I know what I like, and I like it.

poolman2

Trouble
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
The more I look, the more I see instances where the background is the same or nearly identical to the foreground text. Fine tunings it needs many. The general colour scheme is, admittedly, too bright, but that's how it is with a lot of web sites, so people should be fine with it (and a number of folks seem to like it that way).

ThanxsMan
09-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I like it a change is always good, seems a little more upbeat but then that just might be me

sunk
09-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Pretty good, I haven't noticed any problems.

Sharon.Femaledom.com
09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi all,

Thank for the feedback please keep letting us know what you think;)

Also some have mentioned about the text being the same as the background. If possible please make a screenshot and attach to your post so we can see what it is you have a problem in seeing.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see on the forum. If some of you see it diffrent please post a screenshot.:)

krak
09-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm quite a newbee for this forum, so have no idea how the old one looked like.
The current color schema seems pretty much adequate with the mood of the site.

vulkrypse
09-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I like the new look. Easier on the eyes, cleaner layout.

Deviant
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Like some of the others, maybe too bright for my liking. I found the old layout was good and easier to read.

Sharon.Femaledom.com
09-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

I will make this thread sticky for a bit so all can see this info.

In the bottom of the page there is a small box now that says default style.
if you click on it then you can pick the old style and view the forum like it was before.

They are still working on the forum layout/colour on both the old style and the new style and it should be ok to browse and use the forum in both styles while they work on the final things:)

Robbo1955
09-28-2006, 12:41 AM
I preferred the old one, all that red was somehow sexier!! :)

ottobeused
09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
:bananawin It looks good, however the color RED is not good on the retina of the eye to look at, or so in the past I have heard that long viewing up close of the color red can cause damage to the inner eye, I don’t know if it is true but it is what I have heard .

BBTex
10-06-2006, 11:30 PM
I usually prefer darker colors (so my eyes aren't hurting from the bright screen late at night), but this color scheme is fine by me, maybe just a little bright, but still good :)

Sharon.Femaledom.com
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your review.

To not have the bright colour please choose the old style in the bottom left of the screen where it says "Default Style" chose "Old Style" and use that to browse the forum with ;)

CuteSubmissiveGuy
10-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I seem to like the new color layout, how about adding light blue:D

BBTex
10-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your review.

To not have the bright colour please choose the old style in the bottom left of the screen where it says "Default Style" chose "Old Style" and use that to browse the forum with ;)

I tried this but it changed nothing.

Sharon.Femaledom.com
10-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Please try again and let me know if it works now?

Crussh
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Hello Sharon,

I first posted this question in the wrong thread, so please delete the other one if you wish.

I have a question/comment about the new forum format. Is there anyway you can make different icons for:

"Hot thread with new posts"

and

"Hot thread with no new posts"

They currently both use a red envelope, and it is a little confusing.

Thanks

nichojinx
10-19-2006, 03:08 AM
Wow it's been a while since I've logged back into here, still. I think this looks a little nicer than before. Cheers! Apparently for my first post haha.

BBTex
10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
now the old style works :)

Trouble
10-27-2006, 12:08 AM
There are still various areas where the foregound, at least on my browser (Mozilla Firefox) has the fireground and background colours identical, rendering text invisible. One instance is where it says: "Reason for editing post:" (after you hit "edit" so you can fix some of your misunderstimated spellings) -- well, it doesn't say that at all, unless you highlight the text -- and highlighting it is hunt-and-peck, you have to guess where the text is, so you can highlight it and read it. Otherwise, how is one supposed to figure out what that little text box is for? Sure, that's a minor point, but there are several places like this.

A similar one comes up with the "next thread" and "previous thread" options: the text is light red against darker red. We really need more contrast than that; it's hard to read. Hard on the eyes.

There was another one that I saw a while back and I'm going to go check if it is still there: we can no longer REALLY add people to our ignore lists, unless you are somebody like me and you remember where it used to ay that. I'll double-check, but I bet it is STILL the same thing: foreground colour is identical to background colour, making the text vanish, and the functionality of the forum is made worse.

Trouble
10-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey! I'm wrong on the ignore function, it is no longer the same foreground/background problem. The other stuf I mentioned is like that, but we have again the ability to add pople to our buddy and igore lists because we can see the option -- break out the beer!!!

Zeus
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Being a long-time lurker of the forums, I have to say it's a big improvement.

jjscats
11-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Hi all,

As you have noticed we have changed the colours a bit and would like to know what you guys think of it?

We are not done yet with but please let us know of any hard to see txt or if you dont like the colours or anything else about the changes you have seen so far.:)

tan and red always look great together. we plaster painted our dorm room these colors. hopefully, i won't need to paint over it when we leave :p

Mako
11-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I like it, the colours suit the subject matter.

mast90
11-24-2006, 06:07 PM
very good
1 of the best

subballplay
12-04-2006, 10:02 AM
It suits the theme perfectly :)

nikn88
12-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I really like it!!!