PDA

View Full Version : Any geeks on the board?

mjovanovich
08-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi,

I'm a full on geek and I'm very into stories. I was thinking of making some sort of story generator where you pick different parameters (m/f or m/m, kicking or squeezing, face sitting or .... whatever) and the system takes different bits and pieces and combines them into a story and delivers it up hot and fresh.

Figure it could help with the dry spell of stories we've been running into. But I'd probably need some help to pull it off. Anyone out there interested in helping?

vlad_Drakulav
08-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Ok now i dont know how much programming exp u've got, but what u've mentioned is theoretically difficult to do. The problem isnt making the CPU generate words, the problem is getting them to make logial sense. Taking them out of a database which contains previously imported stories is also difficult in terms of selecting which lines to import from which files and getting them to make a gramatically correct story. Instead of a 'story generator', have u thought about making a BB game? I've made a text-based one with C++ and im now looking in2 making a 2D RPG BB game with DirectX7 2D in Visual Basic 6, but i suck at making GFX so i need sum1 2 help out with that. As far as coding goes, i have no probs- its just d GFX.

Silvan321
08-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I have to agree with vlad. what your trying to do is almost impossible because there are far to many variables that would have to be assigned because you would have to categorize every sentence in every story that you want to use. But i do like the idea. Props for that

mjovanovich
08-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually .... not that hard, google "dada engine." Here's the most popular use of it:
http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo

But I'm not talking about having a computer tell stories ... I'm talking about having a lot of text clips with keyword substitution:

"%name% was a %pretty_adj1% %gender%."

Would even be able to include reusable snippets for sections like "how they met", "threats", "reactions" etc.

It'd be limited at first, but as feedback and contributions grew, it'd have the possibility to be fairly expansive. It would even be possible to take some existing stories and convert them to be more general so names / genders / adjectives / methods of busting / etc. can be swapped out. Might make for a whole new story. May not. Nothing will ever replace the need for people like painseeker, skweezeme, knave, hardy, caligula, etc. Outside of the good writers, most stories are remarkably similar in structure.

But I was wondering if this was worth it? If so, would anyone be willing to help?

patrick_hh
08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd be willing to give it a shot, as long as someone else designs all the needed interfaces and we make use of the .net-Framework (no VB 6 please).
Having said that, I fear it will always be quantity instead of quality, when software is used to generate stories. Unless we'd teach the computer grammar, facettes of the language and creativity, the only way to do it is basically what you described. And using parameters like %name% or %age% in the story-sniplets will not produce anything new, just variations of stuff that already exists (and one can do that pretty easily by using simple word-processers, no need to reinvent the wheel, if you just want to turn an older brunette mother/aunt into a younger redhead sister/cousin/girlfriend). The shorter the sniplets are, the more variations are possible, but the harder it is also to ensure that the whole package makes sense in the end, you know, the story has to be told in the past or in the present, from the bustee's point of view or from the buster's pov and we'd also have to make sure that events currently taking place in the story base on events that happened previously. That is by far the hardest part of all and makes the whole undertaking impossible, I fear. But I'd still be willing to give it a shot, I just have no time really to do the planning/designing and stuff, I already have a 60 hours/week of work to do.

patrick_hh
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Also essentiell to a story is the interaction between characters. What the buster does/says has a direct effect on the acions/words of the bustee, which is something that has to be thought of as well. Just imagine two sniplets put together like "she bit him in his dick so hard that blood started to pour" / "He fell to the ground holding his battered balls". I don't deny that it is possible to make this work even without hardcoding actions/words and appropriate reactions, but honestly, the result will always suck compared to the hundreds of really good ballbusting stories out there. Is this really worth it? The more I think about it, the more I tend to think that the answer has to be "No, it's not". Sorry to say that, but count me out. (Still willing to help, if you can convince me that this will really produce readable/enjoyable stories and not just plagiats, where the names and ages of the protagonists are changed and some of the action as well (instead of "she kicked his balls" something like "she pummeled his family jewels").

mjovanovich
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, sorry .... um ... let me try this:

You ever hit a story archive and read so many of the things that they all start to sound alike? Use the same phrases, the same setups, the same flows, the same situations, etc.

This would just contribute to that :) It would be all quantity. Even with human authors, quality is a rare occurrence.

If there were enough options and enough variety, though, it might make quality easier to achieve. The tool could be used to output 90% of a good story. Someone goes over it with a human eye for noun-adjective agreement, consistency, and a bit of style, then most of the hard work is done.

Most of the good authors complain about a lack of contributions, and most of the time, the stories (no matter how unorignal, how unbelievable, or even how many of the words are capitalized) are met with cheerful appreciation. I'm trying to contribute in that same vein, I'm just being up front about it.

So .... I'll bin the idea.

Richter
08-14-2007, 12:56 PM
While you're on it, there's an old program called BB Trainer that disappeared. But the programming was simple enough. You would type in the name of the victim and select a title from a pull down list (worm, slave, etc), then type in the name of the mistress and select a title from a pull down list (Mistress, Queen, etc). Then you could input how much the victim could take. (threshold)

From there you would enter in an offense he had committed, the severity of the punishment (which was coded as 25%-125% of the threshold with headings like Light, Sever, etc). You would then check off different types of punishment the mistress liked (squeezing, stomping, kicking, knees) and the types of shoes the mistress had (sandals, boots, barefeet) and then it would come up with a punishment. It would randomly choose 1 or more punishments in 1 or more footwear with the quantity of the punishments defined by the severity. So the finished product would look like

(title) (mistress) has caught (title) (victim) (crime). For his offense, he will receive (severity) (punishment) in (shoes).

or

Mistress Vittoria has caught worm richter riffling through her panty drawer. For his offense he will receive seven nut kicks in high heels, twenty seconds of groin stomping in boots, and sixty seconds of ball squeezing.

mjovanovich
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Richter,

Something like this?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1099643015/bbtr.zip

sunk
08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I'm a full on geek and I'm very into stories. I was thinking of making some sort of story generator where you pick different parameters (m/f or m/m, kicking or squeezing, face sitting or .... whatever) and the system takes different bits and pieces and combines them into a story and delivers it up hot and fresh.

Figure it could help with the dry spell of stories we've been running into. But I'd probably need some help to pull it off. Anyone out there interested in helping?

That would be very hard to do in such a way where the story is truly cohesive and original. I've played around with something like you are describing, only a little less ambitious. My idea was to make existing stories better searchable through things such as web 2.0 technologies. You know, user tags, ratings and things like this. Then combine it with pictures which people suggest contribute to the story.

So if I was in the mood for stories of "sisters busting there brothers", I could just use the well made tag search to look for "sister, brother" as tags. If I was in the mood for "lost bet ballbusting" I could just look for "lost bet". Also users could suggest related stories, have their own favorites, reviews, etc as well.

Sure existing search engines and others can do this but they are often done in such a half ass way so as to NOT be useful and a big time waster. The idea would be to do it in away as to make finding EXACTLY what you want as easy as possible. A search function done masterfully, instead of half assed.