PDA

View Full Version : Ballbusting PC game- soundtrack advice

vlad_Drakulav
08-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi all. Im working on a Ballbusting PC game atm with VB DirectX 7.0 and have just finished finding suitable graphics (as mentioned b4, i cant make my own if my life depended on it lol). Anyway, im thinking about what type of music i should be playing for the main menu, world map and fight sequences, among other instances (sad, angry, suspenseful moments). What do u all think? You can just post the 'type' of music you recomend, or if you have a particular song / peice in mind, then you can give me the name of the track and the artist and ill give it a hearing =P Thanks, i'll post the final work on rapidshare and put the link up here when im done

ValmarIrenicus
08-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Maybe you could tell us something about this game :) I can't wait

Richter
08-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Cycle Sluts From Hell "By the Balls"

mjovanovich
08-18-2007, 09:42 AM
What's the mood?

Slapstick? Tense / scary / dark (Quake, Fear, Half life)? Fight (street fighter, mortal kombat)? Run and gun (serious sam)? Noir (max payne)? War (battlefield 2)?

What's the setting?

vlad_Drakulav
08-19-2007, 03:32 AM
It will be a typical RPG game like the old Final Fantasy's. Basically, its set in Japan and the story revolves around a kunoichi (female ninja) named Mai. Her clan was annihalated by a demon named Ookiitama (big balls in japanese lol) and she wants sweet sweet revenge. I've got another fairly large project (not bb or anything sexual) that im working on at the same time, so i can expect that this game will be finished roughly december this year.

mjovanovich
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
If you get Incubus - Aqueous Transmission and listen to the first few seconds, it's got kind of an asian guitar sound. Perhaps something like that? Or maybe some music by the 5-6-7-8's for the more action oriented scenes.

toysoldier
08-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Does the system you are using support midi or MP3?

vlad_Drakulav
08-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Ill be using DirectX 7 (a bit ancient) so its only capable of playing MIDI and WAV files. I know that MIDI's are a bit lame in some cases, so ill probably be converting MP3's to WAV's and then playing those.