PDA

View Full Version : Getting hit in the nyuts as opposed to anywher else, face for example

cold8889
09-24-2007, 12:17 PM
I saw a video on youtube the other day that angered me. I don't remember what it was called, but it was basically some guy going around kicking random people then telling them that they "got kicked in the nuts" showed them they were being videotaped, and the two would laugh together.

Now I'm sure it was at least partially staged or faked, but it still remains that many people will see a kick to the balls as less offensive than a punch in the face. The kick to the balls usually hurts more and is more incapacitating than a punch to the face, yet it is a laughing matter. A punch to the face will result in the very least to an argument, more than likely though it will be a physical fight. Even between friends, if someone goes up to their friend and kicks them for no reason they will both laugh and the one who was kicked willl somehow get revenge later on and things will be back to normal. The same friends in a different scenario, the guy punches him instead of kicking him. It is very likely a fight will break out and the friendship will be over (at least for some time)

Not counting girls who kick guys- I don't want this to be some "why guys should or shouldn't be able to hit women" debate, nor counting two guys doing it for fun- I don't want this thread to reek of homo-ness and or idiocy.
(note by the above I don't mean girls are not allowed to discuss this, I mean that the topic isn't about why guys don't hit girls back as that is another issue)
What is the deal here? Anyone have any thoughts or comments about this?

zetsubou
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Well I'm a little surprised you open such a debate in a forum for people who like (or the idea of) getting kicked, or something similar in the balls. Nonetheless... i always thought the consensus in a friendship, or any kind of social interaction is that you don't hurt someone unless they hurt you. In a fight, you go for whatever the hell you can get, that incapacitates with the least effort, obviously.

Frankly, a punch in the face, or a kick in the balls, is not funny unless you don't like the person its happening too. The reaction is often another story though.. i very much doubt if i kicked anybody i knew in the balls, it would be considered amusining.

So kicking someone in the balls is worse than hitting someone in the face, pain wise, but the reaction to the first one is funnier. Anyone can enjoy causing pain to other people, hell I'd like to hurt plenty of people, sometimes even i feel like hurting my friends in moments of anger, but if your gonna find it funny, then your deeming it acceptable, and that therefore, its funny if it happens to you. If your cool with that then theres no problem.

I won't go hurting people for no reason, but i still sometimes get a laugh out of it, even if it irritates me.

me_no_wimp
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
A kick to the balls may hurt more at first but I think the punch to the face will hurt for longer, especially if you end up with black eyes.

Now a boot to the face - especially if it cuts the lip or hits the chin - that has a lot more value.

megakrassus
09-28-2007, 09:24 PM
A kick to the balls may hurt more at first but I think the punch to the face will hurt for longer, especially if you end up with black eyes.

Now a boot to the face - especially if it cuts the lip or hits the chin - that has a lot more value.

I agree with you, especially if you have black eye, everybody who sees you will ask him/herself, what happened to you, and might think negative about you.

Odust
09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I actually just finished up a bit of exploration of a number of Japanese sites. Face kicking seems rather popular and it's strange how little face kicking and tamakeri crossover. I expected to see a lot more mixed ballbusting/boot to the face action but there was surprisingly little.

And I'd rather not have my pretty face damaged.