PDA

View Full Version : A technical question

Rebecca
02-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I know this probably isn't the best forum to ask this, but it seems as though there are some very knowledgable people here, so I hope no one minds.

I am looking for a type of software that will allow me to take (extract) parts of a DVD or online movie/clip but only take the parts I want.
Also, a program that would allow me to edit these parts together in a reasonably seamless product.

I'm not looking to sell copyrighted material or anything. It's for the sole use of me and my boyfriend, but neither of us know what sort of software would work.

If I haven't made it clear enough what it is I'm looking for, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

Rebecca

Richter
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
AoA DVD Ripper will allow you to take clips up to 10 minutes long in the trial version. It's on download.com

As for seamlessly putting them together, if you have a recent Windows installed, Windows Movie Maker will take care of it well, but it does crash from time to time.

Ok, I helped you, now to stay in the spirit of this forum, kick me in the balls. :jumpsmile

kidintinesy
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
wow:confused: :confused: :confused:

mrlogic
02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I know this probably isn't the best forum to ask this, but it seems as though there are some very knowledgable people here, so I hope no one minds.

I am looking for a type of software that will allow me to take (extract) parts of a DVD or online movie/clip but only take the parts I want.
Also, a program that would allow me to edit these parts together in a reasonably seamless product.

I'm not looking to sell copyrighted material or anything. It's for the sole use of me and my boyfriend, but neither of us know what sort of software would work.

If I haven't made it clear enough what it is I'm looking for, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

Rebecca

Visual Hub for the Mac allows you to drag and drop almost any video file, even DVD discs and convert them into almost any other form of video file.. Quicktime can perform basic editing functions but there are many other freeware and cheap shareware options such as Hyper Engine, mpeg streamclip, SimpleMovieX all of which are very easy to use and cheap.

moosh
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
As for seamlessly putting them together, if you have a recent Windows installed, Windows Movie Maker will take care of it well, but it does crash from time to time.

Haha, "from time to time". If you're going to use it, make sure you save project before you save as movie. 95% of the time it'll screw you.

agent_mouse
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Haha, "from time to time". If you're going to use it, make sure you save project before you save as movie. 95% of the time it'll screw you.

OMG, and i thought i was the only one with this problem! bill gates is such a fucking son of a bitch!

mick_sl8ter
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Pinnacle studio ?