PDA

View Full Version : Dbabble bb forum

giuseppes1979
02-23-2008, 12:04 PM
uhm, sorry to bother guys, do you know what happened to the dbabble host bb forum? it has been offline for a few days and i wondered what's happened...
if anyone knows about it of course...
thank you! =)

Magnum
02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I have been trying too and no luck. I guess the site must be down.Strange that no warning or anything was given. If anyone knows please tell us.

Geim
02-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I've also been wondering about this. I sent an email to Ego asking if he is having technical difficulties, but so far no reply.

frostbyte252252
02-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe they forgot to pay the bills?

Tamakeri
02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Ego has moved and his DSL hasn't caught up to him yet. The forum will be back on line as soon as the phone company finds his new house.

poolman2
02-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Tamakeri,

Thanks for info. I had made some computer changes about the time he went offline, and I was concerned that I had corrupted something on my own computer. :wooow

poolman2 :)

gbog0588
02-24-2008, 05:50 AM
What is dbbable?

kickme000
02-24-2008, 05:57 AM
What is dbbable?
http://bbgroups.tlcnet.com/

Tamakeri
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Ego is now predicting that the DBabble forum will be back online Tuesday or Wednesday (February 26 or 27).

giuseppes1979
02-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the info Tamakeri, good to know =)

gbog0588
02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
http://bbgroups.tlcnet.com/
ok. Thanks

kickme000
02-28-2008, 09:33 AM
It's still not back & I am getting anxious!!!:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :soomad

hoofer_doofer2
03-03-2008, 10:12 AM
How long has the forum been down? Surely it only takes a couple of days for dns servers to update if the server has moved???

Tamakeri
03-03-2008, 07:40 PM
How long has the forum been down? Surely it only takes a couple of days for dns servers to update if the server has moved???

I might suggest that rushing a non-profit forum back online might not be on the top of some people's priority list while the rest of their life is still in packing boxes- particularly if the people involved are not technical professionals and need to seek outside help to get things straightened out.

Take a deep breath. It will be back, and will still be free.

Geim
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info. No rush for me... just wondering. And yea, I agree with Tamakeri.

frank_sch
03-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I might suggest that rushing a non-profit forum back online might not be on the top of some people's priority list while the rest of their life is still in packing boxes- particularly if the people involved are not technical professionals and need to seek outside help to get things straightened out.

Take a deep breath. It will be back, and will still be free.

Ego would've had it online again in the meantime, but it's not in his hands.
The problem is, that his ISP didn't move his DSL line yet.

Jedi
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
What do people so urgently need to discuss on dbabble that cannot be discussed on this, or any other BB Forum? :confused:

kickme000
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
What do people so urgently need to discuss on dbabble that cannot be discussed on this, or any other BB Forum? :confused:

There are contributing members on that board that are not here.

redhoden
03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
And people are just plain nostalgic.

Blersheta
03-12-2008, 04:21 AM
I miss the bbgroups forum it was good seeing new youtube clips etc on their alot of catching up to to when it come sback

shorty-p
03-13-2008, 03:02 AM
I hope Ego gets everything worked out ok.

Tamakeri
03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I hope Ego gets everything worked out ok.

I spent some time with Ego at a video shoot last Sunday and he brought me up to date. The status is that he now has DSL back but of course the IP addresses have changed. Between Yoda and Ego they have to implement the VPN changes required for the new IP addresses because apparently they use a VPN connection between the DBabble server that is physically at Ego's and the rest of tlcnet which is still with Yoda. That isn't worked out and isn't at the top of their personal priority lists. Ego is still in moving boxes, and there is the whole work thing going on where they keep expecting him to show up everyday. So his intention is to get the forum back online as soon as possible given the rest of the crap going on in his life. He may, however, be looking for someone a little more technically oriented to take it over in the near future.

Magnum
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the update Tamakeri!

shorty-p
03-14-2008, 06:24 AM
I spent some time with Ego at a video shoot last Sunday and he brought me up to date. The status is that he now has DSL back but of course the IP addresses have changed. Between Yoda and Ego they have to implement the VPN changes required for the new IP addresses because apparently they use a VPN connection between the DBabble server that is physically at Ego's and the rest of tlcnet which is still with Yoda. That isn't worked out and isn't at the top of their personal priority lists. Ego is still in moving boxes, and there is the whole work thing going on where they keep expecting him to show up everyday. So his intention is to get the forum back online as soon as possible given the rest of the crap going on in his life. He may, however, be looking for someone a little more technically oriented to take it over in the near future.

Thanx man, I've been wondering.

moneyshot29
03-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info.. I was relieved to find out that it will be back!

Blue_teamster
03-17-2008, 08:28 AM

Thank you for the updated info - Cool

kickme000
03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Ego sent out an email a couple days ago. Here is the temporary site until he gets DBabble back. Come on and join!!!:bananad: :jumpsmile :bananajum
http://bbcommunity.freeforums.org/