PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps...

agnetha
03-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello,

and as some of you will know, I am a motorcycling fan. Last year one of my favourites, Troy Bayliss had a big off and suffered some testicle damage. He had exploratory surgery and all is well.
The attached report (of the season so you'll need to scroll a bit) suggests that he burst one of them, so perhaps this answers the "is it possible to burst a ball" thing - yes if you crash a motorcycle and it hits you on the way down !

Agnetha x

http://www.motorbikestoday.com/news/Articles/sbk_07_review.htm

And for the "bet that hurt" posters, I saw Frankie Chili crash a couple of years ago and his crutch hit the fuel tank so hard that it dented it. He was sick in his crash helmet.:(

Its nice to know how much pain testicles can take :D

One from the Vaults
03-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I remember reading an estimation by a physician who specializes in the area that it takes about 50 kg of force to rupture a testicle. So, a 50 kg woman resting her entire bodyweight on one of them would be enough -- but, unless she weighs way more than 50 kg, simply standing on them is very unlikely to cause this sort of damage due to the weight not being entirely on the testicle. Stomping would be another issue, and how much of the shock is absorbed would need to be taken into consideration.

In any case, 50 kg of force is quite a lot, but not insurmountable. A powerful kick with a boot could easily do it... but we're talking about the kind of kick that'd have you bruised for a week, so it's not the sort of thing most of us do on a regular basis. So it does happen that men get ruptures from being kicked, but only if they're kicked very hard.