PDA

View Full Version : What Ever happened to...

Putter
03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
This is a new thread dedicated to the old, and lost sites.

I'll go first. What ever happened to Kastrationkay.com? I signed up here on this site later than most, and when i found out about that site, it was gone. That's sad eh?

Well, you guys can reminice now.

frostbyte252252
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
What ever happened to robot jones?

Arcane
03-20-2008, 01:11 PM
What ever happened to the takethepitch2 ballbusting story site?

Richter
03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
What ever happened to the takethepitch2 ballbusting story site?

http://bbstories-number2.blogspot.com/

agnetha
03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Hello,

and "whatever happened to?" the large art site that was attached to the velvetkick (?) homepage a year or so ago?

Aggie

kickme000
03-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Hello,

and "whatever happened to?" the large art site that was attached to the velvetkick (?) homepage a year or so ago?

Aggie

Russian Ballbusting? The guy that hosted their site is here in the USA and the Russian site was not in compliance with the 2257 law so they were dropped from his service. Don't know why they never released the material on a Russian server. I was a member of that site & still have tons of their videos.

Tamakeri
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Russian Ballbusting? The guy that hosted their site is here in the USA and the Russian site was not in compliance with the 2257 law so they were dropped from his service. Don't know why they never released the material on a Russian server. I was a member of that site & still have tons of their videos.

It's a simple matter of rubles and cents. Yoda (TLCnet) not only hosted that site -and a bunch more- but also did all the webwork involved- all for 10% of the gross. That meant that if you had BB video to share, you couldn't lose money because the fees all came off the top. No income, no fees, and a good deal for all involved. Until... between competition and piracy the revenues start to drop and Yoda can't afford to maintain all the unused bandwidth on his 10% fee because 10% of nothing is not much. So 2257 was a good reason to drop the foreign sites, but it was just a stepping stone to his dropping the domestic ones too for the real reason- lack of profit. The money was drying up due to both competition and piracy and he wasn't interested in donating his own money so that other people could see some videos.

So now the Russian BB guy has to go to a regular web host who wants monthly fees and yearly contracts no matter how little income you make. In addition he either has to learn how to create and run a website or hire some guy to do it. And when it comes right down to it, he has a few loyal customers who sign up for a month every six months or so- but it no longer makes economic sense to publish and sell the videos. It would simply cost him money to do it. And there's no point in that. I'm sure he still gets busted regularly.

agnetha
03-21-2008, 04:18 PM

Hello,

and no, it was a site linked to from the bottom of their homepage and had various bb art galleries.

A