PDA

View Full Version : Any artists around that wanna work on a project?

vlad_Drakulav
04-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi all. I've tried unsuccessfully (twice) to make an erotic (both times BB related) pc software, and both times failed due to lack of graphic sources. You see im a terrible artist (like most software developers lol) but I happen to be decent at writing code. So if there are any artists on the forum that would like to contribute a few images here and there into making a BB related PC game (sorry to all you mac users, you miss out :( ), that would be awesome. At this point in time I would imagine that it would be freeware (though if you did want 2 sell it, then its not a problem- we'd just have to discuss prices etc). Oh and dont assume I'm an industry-level software developer. 18 years old and in my first year of university lol, but I am skilled in Visual Basic using DirectX7 (more than enough for a 2D game with almost any effects we want [i.e- fading, zooming, side scrolling, etc]). So yeah if any1 is interested, i guess u can reply 2 this post and I'll check up on it next time im on XD. Oh and my apologies for the long winded post lol.:bananawin

Snakelinux
04-02-2008, 03:51 PM
As you already know I posted a game back some time ago, which played out scenarios of women kicking, punching, and squeezing your balls. This game had several errors and may have frustrated some of you. If you don't know what I am talking about go to.

http://www.femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4979

Now, I have found some of the errors and made a patched version. Maybe later I will make another game but for now you can download the new version here... and no you do not need to have downloaded the first game to play this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/104400175/Games.rar

The patch version fixes:

-Sometimes the ending picture cannot be found and the game just kind of dies out.

-The game was too easy and boring so now you can adjust the difficulty in the menu up at the top (The difficulty affects the treatment you receive).

-The game no longer makes sound affects (like when punched) when a girl passes.

Things not fixed.
You still must extract the file out of .rar in order to play it properly.
It still only works on windows.

vlad_Drakulav, what do your programs look like? I know that I am not a very good programmer but maybe we can help each other out.

Third_Horseman
04-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Vlad:
I might be willing to help out with an illustration or two if needed. A little guidance on your plans and desires would be helpful, though, before making a commitment.

Snakelinux:
I'd love to give your game a try, but when I download I see no means by which to run it; just a .jar file which I can't seem to find the software to activate. Any tips or recommendation on the required readers?

nutslave
04-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Jar is a Java Archive file so the program is written in Java and you'll need that installed for it to work and you might be able to open the archive with something like winzip although i'm not 100% sure if that will work properly. if not you might need the Java SDK package to get it working ... i'll check it out later and let you guys know.

Snakelinux
04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd love to give your game a try, but when I download I see no means by which to run it; just a .jar file which I can't seem to find the software to activate. Any tips or recommendation on the required readers?

Have you tried going to the sun website and downloading the runtime environment. Java only runs with this environment and for some reason the runtime environment is not compatible with different operating systems so it only works on windows.:(

I think you can download the java runtime environment here.
https://sdlc3b.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=916E64AE9FF8390CBF6A3 7BD193B32AA
And like nutslave said you will need winzip or an equivalent program to unzip it.;)

nutslave
04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
ok, basically what i did is i downloaded the .RAR file from rapidshare and unzipped it with winzip.

that created two folders and a dropme.jar file. since i already had java installed i just double clicked dropme.jar and the game opened up.

so all you need to do is install java and you can get it from here http://www.java.com/en/ and there's a big green button that says Free Java Download, then just install it and you're good to go.

Snakelinux
04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
My first program was a little poor so I wanted to make up for it with a better one. ;) The story in this program is an edited version of Caligula's "Mommy's Nutcrackers". The mother is taken out and replaced by whoever you want. :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/104717240/nutcracker.rar

vlad_Drakulav
04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
vlad_Drakulav, what do your programs look like? I know that I am not a very good programmer but maybe we can help each other out.

What do they look like? Well I usually like to have my apps run in full-screen mode in 800 x 600 resolution, and havent got around to 3D programming just yet so they are all 2D at the moment. I am capable of playing any type of sound file, and also playing videos. I think that covers it.

As far as my "plans" go, I'm pretty much open for anything. I was thinking I'd discuss the genre and details with anyone who actually wants to help out.

bob1111
04-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi, i'd a Mac and your jar file dosen't work. Any tips???
Thanx in advance.

My first program was a little poor so I wanted to make up for it with a better one. ;) The story in this program is an edited version of Caligula's "Mommy's Nutcrackers". The mother is taken out and replaced by whoever you want. :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/104717240/nutcracker.rar

vlad_Drakulav
04-07-2008, 05:28 AM
not many artists that are interested in gaming I see lol, or perhaps you're all too "mature" to be interested XD. As 4 u tho snakelinux, is java the only language you are skilled in or are you bi-lingual?

Snakelinux
04-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi, i'd a Mac and your jar file dosen't work. Any tips???
Thanx in advance.

bob1111, unfortunately java does not translate to other operating systems :( but you can try this.
Go to http://rapidshare.com/files/105766562/Desktop.rar
to get the source files and install a java compiler such as jgrasp from http://spider.eng.auburn.edu/user-cgi/grasp/grasp.pl?;dl=download_jgrasp.html
Then recompile it and go to project/new/project to add a new project.
Then go to project/create jar file from project and use nutcracker has the main method to run when it asks for it. Finally replace the jar file with the one you were trying to use. Sorry about all of that but java can be a real pain at times. :autogun

not many artists that are interested in gaming I see lol, or perhaps you're all too "mature" to be interested XD. As 4 u tho snakelinux, is java the only language you are skilled in or are you bi-lingual?

I know all of the C languages and java so I just know objective oriented languages. I am hoping to learn assembly soon. :D What languages do you know, vlad_Drakulav? :)

Nexus
04-08-2008, 05:22 AM
bob1111, unfortunately java does not translate to other operating systems :(

Huh? Java was cross platformed last time i looked?

vlad_Drakulav
04-08-2008, 06:44 AM
C++, JavaScript, PHP and Visual Basic. Most of my skills lie in VB (though my C++ is improving at an exponential rate lol). Been programming for about 3.5 years, started back in high school in year 10 and am actually hoping to transfer from Computer Engineering to Computer Science @ uni (computer science is more software based, and I've noticed its accepted as the "standard" for most software companies). I've gone into DirectX7 and SDL, havent really looked @ OpenGL / OpenAL. You can tell im into gaming lol

Snakelinux
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
C++, JavaScript, PHP and Visual Basic. Most of my skills lie in VB (though my C++ is improving at an exponential rate lol). Been programming for about 3.5 years, started back in high school in year 10 and am actually hoping to transfer from Computer Engineering to Computer Science @ uni (computer science is more software based, and I've noticed its accepted as the "standard" for most software companies). I've gone into DirectX7 and SDL, havent really looked @ OpenGL / OpenAL. You can tell im into gaming lol

It sounds like you really know what you're doing. I'd like to see some of your ideas. :D

Huh? Java was cross platformed last time i looked?

You are right in that it is cross platformed and a jar file is suppose to play on any operating systems but sometimes they do not and (not being a mac user) I do not know why. :confused:

vlad_Drakulav
04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
It sounds like you really know what you're doing. I'd like to see some of your ideas. :D

Well most of the stuff I do know has been self taught over 3 and a half years lol, but its nothing too much out of the ordinary. I've worked on a few things (mostly games, but a few other apps like an AutoClicker for my brother, databases, etc) but a lot of my projects dont get finished due to once again, lack of graphic sources. You mentioned you use all of the C languages. Have you got around to using any graphic libraries (DirectX, SDL?) or do you stick with console programs (or windowed programs)?

Also getting back onto the original purpose of this thread (BB game dev), it looks like there isnt really an awful lot of support from artists so I guess i'll post-pone any ideas I have in mind. Would be awesome if I found a chick who's in2 it and a gr8 artist at the same time :loveeyes

vlad_Drakulav
04-09-2008, 07:20 AM
http://developer.apple.com/java/

as far as java is conscerned, I would imagine that you need to download and install a RunTime environment as recent as the one used by the developer to create the software. You should be able to find it there somewhere ^. Microsoft .NET applications work in that way, so I'm imagining Java works similarly.

HKG7
04-09-2008, 01:35 PM
What if you plan what you want to archive with that piece of software you will to develop, I mean at least what you want display on the screen, stills or animation, what kind of sound you want to add. I would strongly suggest selecting technology afterwards. To be honest, I would think of logical software design plan before even thinking about technology like java etc. Because it may turn out that the thing you want create can be done with mm flash for example. If you take it serious and choose a kinda of oo development, I can probably help a little, but sadly not with 2d graphics. :( I am able to render some 3d still scene, but it might not help you at all. But I would like to see the basic idea, concept, strategy, storyline, etc - even if it is very simple -, because without this, hours of coding "something" is just another hell waste of time. If you have a good base idea, it can be boosted with contibution of people around here, who is able (and also agile) to add some more (fantasy). :letsplay

Snakelinux
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
You mentioned you use all of the C languages. Have you got around to using any graphic libraries (DirectX, SDL?) or do you stick with console programs (or windowed programs)?

I have to stick with console programs. After all, I just started learning this stuff last fall.

vlad_Drakulav
04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
oh i c. This thread has kinda dragged on a lot longer than its life was worth, but out of curiosity (snakelinux) are you studying some programming degree at university / tafe / college or is it just a hobby of yours?

Snakelinux
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
oh i c. This thread has kinda dragged on a lot longer than its life was worth, but out of curiosity (snakelinux) are you studying some programming degree at university / tafe / college or is it just a hobby of yours?

I have not taken any classes for programming but I would like to. Right now it is just a hobby of mine while I am going to school.

vlad_Drakulav
04-12-2008, 06:57 AM
while I am going to school.

school? You mean you are currently studying another course at tafe / college / university?

try
04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Also getting back onto the original purpose of this thread (BB game dev), it looks like there isnt really an awful lot of support from artists so I guess i'll post-pone any ideas I have in mind. Would be awesome if I found a chick who's in2 it and a gr8 artist at the same time :loveeyes

I'm very sorry Vlad but I only just noticed this thread. If your still looking for an artist maybe I can help. Examples of my work can be seen in the Ballbusting Cartoons thread, like this one,
http://femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2253&page=147
it needs to be seen full size to be appreciated. So if you think my work might be suitable let me know.
Should add its post 2199.

gopballbuster
04-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm very sorry Vlad but I only just noticed this thread. If your still looking for an artist maybe I can help. Examples of my work can be seen in the Ballbusting Cartoons thread, like this one,
http://femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2253&page=147
it needs to be seen full size to be appreciated. So if you think my work might be suitable let me know.
Should add its post 2199.
Good art, do you do your art in color as well?

vlad_Drakulav
04-13-2008, 05:23 AM
Awesome, looks like we might end up producing something after all :) Still open for artists though, the more the merrier :jumpsmile Also if anyone would actually like to suggest what they would "like" to see in terms of story and gameplay, all your responses are welcome. :D

try
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Good art, do you do your art in color as well?

Not yet but working on it.

try
04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Awesome, looks like we might end up producing something after all :) Still open for artists though, the more the merrier :jumpsmile Also if anyone would actually like to suggest what they would "like" to see in terms of story and gameplay, all your responses are welcome. :D

Here's a suggestion for a possible story. See,

http://femaledom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3862

Its one I wrote. If you don't like it, no prob, just a suggestion. And maybe Sharon would like a ballbusting game on FemaleDom.

try
04-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Should have mentioned its post 3 in the link. Melody Martial Arts Ballbuster

vlad_Drakulav
04-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Like the title says :jumpsmile And I love how it "opens up" for unlimited additions at the end. Looks like we've found our story, the base of it anyway :)

mick_sl8ter
04-14-2008, 07:22 AM
I have read this thread. I do not see where it is going.

What do you want to create ? What is your concept ?
A ballbusting game ?

Want something simple and graphic ? TRY FLASH.
Want to create an EA-games quality game ? Forget about it.

So lets assume you want to create a flash game.
How about this idea: In stead of smacking a pinguin. A girl hits a guy in the balls with a golf club and you have to swing the golf club and hit the balls as hard as you can. Your score is the distance of the balls.

http://www.femaledom.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9377&d=1195389167

vlad_Drakulav
04-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Flash = No lol. And as for "EA quality stuff", a lot of their shit is still very simple and 2D (its just not marketed all over the places on all the consoles).

When it comes to 2D game production I'm capable of doing almost anything from fading to zooming, adding ColorKey's to make colours transparrent, etc all with my little friend DirectX. As for the "purpose" which you couldnt get, I wanted to gather up a few people who were half decent at creating images to see what we could produce (a windows based, full screen, 800 x 600, DirectX7 executeable). Had no reservations for story or genre, i figured I'll leave that up to the team. Obviously it didnt get as much support as i first imagined, though slowly but surely something will eventuate at the end of the day.