PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare...

vlad_Drakulav
04-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Well I've become a social poster all of a sudden :) I was just thinking to myself, if there is one aspect of these forums that is at all 'negative', it has to be that I'm ****** to wait about an hour before I can download consecutive files via rapidshare. Does anyone on the forums know of a way around this (I'm sure there must be at least one hacker around here ) :Baahaha: Alternatively, are there any like "shared" rapidshare accounts that multiple users log can log onto (And hence save everyone money?). As you can tell yes I'm a cheapskape. First year uni student with bills coming @ me left right n center XD.

kickme000
04-01-2008, 05:57 AM
If you have a DSL modem, after downloading a clip turn it off & then back on. You should have a new ISP (whatever) and you can redownload another clip right away. This works for me when I'm not a member.

mikehawk6902
04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
If just restarting your modem doesn't work you can go into a command prompt by doing Start Button > Run > Type "cmd" and hit enter. At the command prompt type "ipconfig /release". Then close that command prompt and restart your modem. Then you should have a new IP.

But before you go back to rapidshare you should also delete your cookies.

gopballbuster
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
If just restarting your modem doesn't work you can go into a command prompt by doing Start Button > Run > Type "cmd" and hit enter. At the command prompt type "ipconfig /release". Then close that command prompt and restart your modem. Then you should have a new IP.

But before you go back to rapidshare you should also delete your cookies.
Thank you, much better than the other solution.

gopballbuster
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Also, I think one of my friends said how you can make an IP untraceable (it would just show up as zeros) I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him. I don't know if/how this works, but I'll write the instructions down and transfer them to this thread if he does in fact know how to do it. I make no promises, but I'll give him a shot. If anyone computer professional knows how to do this, or knows it does not work, please post in the meantime.

zetsubou
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
its annoying, i go thru a router, and its fixed ip, and i cant do anything about it. I still don't get why more people don't use mega upload.

mick_sl8ter
04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
If the above does not work. (Which depends on your internet service provider.) Try the following:

Your browser (internet explorer / mozilla firefox) has the ability to connect to the internet using a HTTP proxy-server. This will be sufficient to avoid IP-detection by those download-sites.

How does it work ? Your browser sends all HTTP-requests to the proxy-server at the specified IP-adress and port. The proxy server replaces your IP in the header of the request with its own IP. So the server of the website sees this IP instead of your IP. Then the response is sent to proxy-server who re-directs it back to you.

But you dont need to know how it works to use it, just apply the proxy settings in your browser and surf the web.

Where can you find anonymous proxies ?
This is a nice listing: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/
But there are many others.

In almost all cases connecting through an anonymous proxy will not improve your download speed. You can try different proxies, untill you find one that has acceptable speed.

Do not be surprised if rapidshare says you exceeded the download limit when using a proxy, other people use these proxies as well :D

And if you dont know how to apply proxy settings in your browser, google it, there are even instructional video's on youtube for the real smartguys.

martianbuddy
04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
If you have a DSL modem, after downloading a clip turn it off & then back on. You should have a new ISP (whatever) and you can redownload another clip right away. This works for me when I'm not a member.

Your ISP (Provider) doesn't change but you receive a new IP Adress after a modem or router reset. So yes this works as a workaround.

gary198
04-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Also, I think one of my friends said how you can make an IP untraceable (it would just show up as zeros) I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him. I don't know if/how this works, but I'll write the instructions down and transfer them to this thread if he does in fact know how to do it. I make no promises, but I'll give him a shot. If anyone computer professional knows how to do this, or knows it does not work, please post in the meantime.

Would love to know how to do this

gopballbuster
04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Would love to know how to do this
Mick_Sl8ter said it will not work, so I did not ask him. I'll ask tomorrow, but I would not hold my breath.

agent_mouse
04-02-2008, 05:49 PM

this has always worked for me. never had any big troubles with rapidshare....

smackMyNuts
04-05-2008, 03:48 AM
There's no way to make it so that you can get files without a site knowing your IP address. Your IP address is what it uses to send you the files. If the site thought that your IP address was 0.0.0.0, then the messages it sent wouldn't reach you. You wouldn't even be able to load the web page. The way the web works is that your computer sends a message to the web server asking it to send you a page. Then it has to send the page to you. If you don't tell it your IP address or you tell it someone else's IP address, the page won't get to you. If your friend says that you can, he's wrong. That's like saying that you could call someone and leave them a message to call you back but still hide your phone number from them. Obviously, if they don't know your phone number, they can't call you back. If a web server doesn't know your IP address, you can't download anything from it because anything it tries to send to you will get lost.

The only way to hide your IP address is to use a proxy service of some sort where you send a message to the proxy, it sends it to the web server, then the web server sends its messages to the proxy and the proxy sends them to you. This is sort of like using a friend as a go-between. Mick already covered using proxies in practice pretty well, so anyone who wants to try using proxies can just read his post.

gary198
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
There's no way to make it so that you can get files without a site knowing your IP address. Your IP address is what it uses to send you the files. If the site thought that your IP address was 0.0.0.0, then the messages it sent wouldn't reach you. You wouldn't even be able to load the web page. The way the web works is that your computer sends a message to the web server asking it to send you a page. Then it has to send the page to you. If you don't tell it your IP address or you tell it someone else's IP address, the page won't get to you. If your friend says that you can, he's wrong. That's like saying that you could call someone and leave them a message to call you back but still hide your phone number from them. Obviously, if they don't know your phone number, they can't call you back. If a web server doesn't know your IP address, you can't download anything from it because anything it tries to send to you will get lost.

The only way to hide your IP address is to use a proxy service of some sort where you send a message to the proxy, it sends it to the web server, then the web server sends its messages to the proxy and the proxy sends them to you. This is sort of like using a friend as a go-between. Mick already covered using proxies in practice pretty well, so anyone who wants to try using proxies can just read his post.

So how do you reset your IP address? Will ipconfig do it?

gopballbuster
04-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Good to know, I'm going to explain all this to my friend (like I knew it all already) Monday morning. This will be fun, thanks.