PDA

View Full Version : Fellini's City of Women

One from the Vaults
04-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Has anyone seen this surrealist masterpiece? It's by Fellini... that's really all you need to know in terms of whether or not you'll like it.

If you've never seen a Fellini film, here's a helpful anecdote: he once had a medically supervised intravenous dose of LSD, curious after what he'd heard about it. Disappointed him, though -- turns out that the principle effect of LSD is to make your thought patterns work in the way that his already did, so it didn't do much for him. Therefore, when you watch a Fellini, it's basically "this is what being on acid feels like."

But that's an aside!

The real point of mentioning this is that there's a pretty intense ballbusting scene. Self-defence training, to be precise... women talking about "striking the male genitals," screaming at and kicking in the groin a dummy. Note that it's in Italian (I watched with English subtitles).

Just figured I'd toss the mention out there. It's worth seeing anyway, great film, but good BB too. Too bad it's just the one scene.

becki2shoe
04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, I saw that movie. It had an interesting scene with a group of women chanting "********!", "********!", "********!"
Don't recall why they were chanting that tho.