PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Question

Rebecca
09-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Hello

I need some advice on something, and while it's going to sound strange, I strongly suspect no one here will judge.

My boyfriend and I have become interested in fire-play. I love the idea of seeing a fully erect dick covered in flames. My boyfriend loves the idea of doing it too. Of course one has to be careful for obvious reasons.

What we are wondering is if there is some kind of material that could be wrapped/applied to the penis that would then allow say ... toilet paper to be wrapped around the penis and set alight? Something that would not cause burns or extreme pain, but would allow enough of the heat through to make it interesting.

I know it's an odd idea, but if anyone has any suggestions, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Rebecca

nitelite
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I would suggest keeping away of any materials that could melt and stick to the skin while burning. That would include any plastics or such. And if experimenting with paper, make sure you first only use extremely thin single-layered material. Try to light a piece of it on the palm of your (or your BF's) hand first and see if the pain is tolerable...

Magnum
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
It seems to me that there is a cream or type of ointment that people who do acts with fire apply to their skin to protect themselves. I don't know what it's call but check into it maybe on google. This way he would be protected to a point anyway. I have to say Rebecca, you are a kinky one and I like it!!;)

pkmn123
09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
While I can’t think of any such material it does not mean it does not exist. You should look into how stuntmen do it, for example, they don’t seem to get too burnt when they do it… but then again, the pain is all the fun!

I don’t mean to play with fire here, but my thoughts are that fire is always hot! Fire is just heat, carbon and oxygen combining to make more heat, co2, smoke and water. Fire just doesn’t discriminate between toilet paper and any other stuff, if anything there’s just less of that reaction happening and thus less heat. If you hold back the oxygen / carbon-ish side of the equation you hold the other side down too.

So try to control the heat, or apply it and take it away, or give it less fuel or something. I still can’t see it burning cold enough not to cause any damage if you leave it on.

If I were doing it I’d try a using a candle so you can take the heat away quickly, or drip hot wax or something else. A candle is easy to control and hot enough to have some fun with. You might also use hot water/steam but it just wouldn’t look/feel the same, it doesn’t appeal to me, but I don’t know how you two feel about it.

ballstothewalls
09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
It is possible to have fire that is substantially cooler than what a typical fire would be. Try experimenting with different accelerants, in my opinion rubbing alcohol that's 70% pure or better with a few impurites burns cooler than most anything else I can think of. Maybe you could coat it with a non-flamable cream then coat it with some rubbing alcohol and dim the light and set it ablaze. Just make sure you have a fire extiguisher handy.

Dix
09-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I suffered a burn once when something blew up that I was working on resulting in my shirt being on fire. The fire was only going for a few seconds till someone smothered it. I was off work for six weeks and the pain in the second week was incredible. I believe the skin on ones penis is very thin coupled with the fact that once nerves are burned they will never have sensation again.
It is my opinion that this is so dangerous no matter how small the flame that it may be best left as a fantacy.
Dix

spidermale
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Good Lord! Ok Im really glad you asked before you tried anything. Do not put alcohol, hairspray, etc on it. You are looking for something called Fire Gel, most special effects websites should be able to help you with it. Fire Gel is the substance that stuntmen use to be lit ablaze. I recommend talking with a stunt person or a special effects man before doing anything as well, because I know you just want to burn the penis, not have the fire spread up or down or all over or anything. Obviously just tell them you want to burn say, the hand. Im sure there is another substance that you can put around the area so the fire is contained.

Richter
09-04-2008, 09:45 PM
What about wax coating the dick? You could even use the wicks from a few tea candles and put them in the wax so you have something to light. That will burn for more than just a split second before hurting him.

I think if I was going to do this stunt (and let's face it, it needs to be looked as a stunt), I'd drip a candle over my dick from several feet in the air so it cools before hitting my skin. Once I got a good coating, I'd use the small wicks with the metal bases from a few tea candles, put like 3-5 (depending on size) on top and drip some wax on their bases to hold them. Then I'd light them like a candle.

Of course the problem with this is that no dick stays the same hardness for very long and the wax can crack and fall off. Although the worst would be hot wax burn and you can blow out the fire, no water needed.

It's always tough when it's an unsafe fantasy. In my head, I'm picturing a penis with a line of fire down the middle, like a line of gasoline that's been lit. In reality, this would be something down in a bathtub full of water with the guy squatting just above the water line so he can submerge the fire quickly. The danger's what makes it fun, but anyone sensible will remove the danger. Like having a safeword during BDSM.

curmudgeon
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I have done a bit of fire play over the years. If you have attended any of the larger BDSM functions it is demonstrated often. Generally when you see fire play done it is on a flat part of the anatomy like the back. The most common accelerant is rubbing alcohol. For fire play on the groin area I would recommend fire flogging. It uses a flogger made of fire resistant material like what firefighters wear that has been soaked in alcohol and set ablaze. It will splash enough burning alcohol onto the area to get the effect, plus you will be flogging his groin at the same time. As far as what you put down as a protective layer, I have always used lotion. The trick is to get enough of an oil layer to keep the alcohol from soaking in. You want it to burn on top of the skin. Hope this helped.

Richter
09-05-2008, 05:04 AM
What he said sounds much wiser.

gopballbustеr2
09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello

I need some advice on something, and while it's going to sound strange, I strongly suspect no one here will judge.

My boyfriend and I have become interested in fire-play. I love the idea of seeing a fully erect dick covered in flames. My boyfriend loves the idea of doing it too. Of course one has to be careful for obvious reasons.

What we are wondering is if there is some kind of material that could be wrapped/applied to the penis that would then allow say ... toilet paper to be wrapped around the penis and set alight? Something that would not cause burns or extreme pain, but would allow enough of the heat through to make it interesting.

I know it's an odd idea, but if anyone has any suggestions, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Rebecca

Is this another gopballbuster account?

gary198
09-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Is this another gopballbuster account?

ENOUGH! Quit being a dickhead.

smackMyNuts
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
The traditional SFX way to 1) apply water to the skin 2) apply a thin coating of a burnable liquid on top of that. Obviously, the liquid has to be something which floats on water to keep it separated from the skin. When the liquid is set on fire, the water will evaporate, and as it evaporates, it both keeps the skin cool and forms a vapor barrier. I believe that they often use alcohol for the liquid because this will also evaporate while its burning, thus increasing the amount of cooling going on. I had a friend in high school who did this a couple of times without harm, but I'm not sure precisely what burnable liquid he was using or in what quantity he applied it. He singed his arm hair because the hair didn't have enough water on it and was right in the middle of the flame instead of at the bottom. So shaving beforehand is probably a good idea.

I also have heard of people who tried the same thing and got burned. This is probably because they had too little water or too much flammable liquid. So, really, you have to know what you're doing.

Also, there's no way you're going to be able to use anything which burns as hot as toilet paper (for those of us who know our science fiction, know that paper burns at 451 degrees Fahrenheit). Unless you wrap the penis in a asbestos or a fireman's jacket, toilet paper is right out.

In summary, it is possible to do it safely, but
1) you're going to need more specific information than what I have on hand
2) you're going to have to be very careful and make sure that you know what you're doing
3) don't come crying to me if you do it wrong and get burned. All I'm saying is that it can be done safely, but I don't know the specifics.

You might be better off just getting a video camera, filming his penis, filming a fire, and then superimposing them. It can look pretty good, and it's a lot safer.

Smack

smackMyNuts
09-05-2008, 12:06 PM
ENOUGH! Quit being a dickhead.

Just put him on ignore and then you won't even see his posts. It's what I did and it's being great.

Smack

Tinchen
09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I did it once using 100% alcohol. Covered his cock with a thin layer (dipped it in a cup of alcohol) then lighted it up. WOW! Only bad thing is that pure alcohol burns with an almost not visible flame. So switch off the lights. After 4 sec or so it got to hot and we extinguished it. So maybe this post helps...
One more thing:
Fire gel: Do you want to make a film, or do you want to have a sensual exprience?
:wooow Tinchen

akinkykid
09-08-2008, 05:22 AM
I know that illusionists use special professional products but also mixtures of water and alcohol on the cheaper side, as Smackmynuts introduced. Unfortunately, I'm unable to elaborate on the exact mixtures required as well as the safety techniques.