PDA

View Full Version : How to Delete a post

ER_Doc
04-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi,

FAQ says we can delete posts by clicking the edit button. Even when I'm logged in, there is no edit button.

I have a new girl "friend" and want to tell her about this site (and I'm sure she's going to be a huge contributor) but I don't want her to see any of my old posts. I have tried PM'ing Sharon, but I have had no response in days.

What can be done about this? Mods....Help please!

Doc

Richter
04-02-2009, 11:10 PM
There are no mods. I would recommend making a new account and not telling her about this one.

Tamakeri
04-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi,

FAQ says we can delete posts by clicking the edit button. Even when I'm logged in, there is no edit button.

I have a new girl "friend" and want to tell her about this site (and I'm sure she's going to be a huge contributor) but I don't want her to see any of my old posts. I have tried PM'ing Sharon, but I have had no response in days.

What can be done about this? Mods....Help please!

Doc

The edit functions only work for a short time after you initially create the message, and I don't think there is a delete control anyway ... at least I have never found it. I have been in the same boat and Sharon eventually deleted the posts I had requested, but yeah ... she doesn't seem to spend much time this forum around these days. I would continue to message her. If you ask her to, I think she can delete both your user and ALL of your posts and you can just start over with a clean slate.

moosh
04-03-2009, 05:53 AM
You can create a new username yourself easily enough.

Just do that.

Tamakeri
04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
A new name doesn't cover up the old one. I suspect "ER_Doc" might have been a tad too specific in retrospect lol. If she just starts freely browsing the forum and finds old posts by "ER_Doc" and he IS, in fact an "ER Doc" (or about to be one or studying to be one or whatever), I'm afraid that would be very tough to pass off as a coincidence. Especially if he has shared videos or stories about her recently that are gonna be recognizable to her.

moosh
04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah, I hadn't really thought of the name itself.

You could always change the location on your ER_doc account to a different country! She probably won't suspect it's you if it says you live in Finland! :wooow To be honest, I think there's enough people in the medical field for it not to be too damning.

Although if she sees THIS thread, where you've identified yourself as having a new girlfriend who you want to introduce to the forum - and she knows that she is a new girlfriend who has been introduced to the forum......

...she'll be a fool not to see the link. And if she sees that you're using an account only made recently, yet she knows you've been into this a while... chances of her not working out that this is you? slim.

From checking Sharons account, it seems she was last active yesterday though. She may have loads of PMs to read through though.

Richter
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Let someone else have your ER_Doc name or create a few posts that have nothing to do with you. Of course, this thread would just give it all away wouldn't it?

Alec Anaconda
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Posting in TWO forums was not too bright, maybe.

Teardrop
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I like the idea of changing the location to Finland the best! "A cunning plan", as Blackadder used to say.