Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
How do we get them back
We no longer see any new members here saying hello or whatever which leaves me to rather suspect that only the old guard can post here now

Of the last few people to post on the forum, you joined 2004. It says I joined in 2005, Pallone 2006, Milton 2006, Dicky 2007, Jim-z, 2011, bobsallen 2009, Pappashlumpf 2005 and so it goes……

It used to be that new members popped up and posted every week about having been pleased to find the [what was then] "community". The numbers indicate that there are many new people but they never post. I suspect that this is because they are unable to In the absence of moderation, the decision may have been made years ago to prevent new members from posting leaving the forum to the trusted few. Don't forget that every couple of months some or other unnecessary argument broke out here and needed policing so moderating the board must have been quite a chore.

In terms of getting newbies and females back and restoring this place to its former glory maybe some kind person, or group of people, could offer to moderate the board and keep it out of trouble. The past has shown that the board was most active when it had a female moderator like Sharon or Sara but that might be too much to ask......

Somebody prove me wrong – please post if you joined this year if only to show that you can.