check the ballbusting updates here

Thread: Ballbusting Cartoons

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cutponies View Post
    Isn't that an Oxymoron?
    Not really. A Luddite opposed the use of technology on principled grounds. They lost that fight. Modern self-proclaimed "Luddites" are usually people who are just being very lazy and want someone else to do something for them.

"Haven't you installed your modem yet?"

"I can't figure it out. I'm a Luddite."

Erroneous! A person buys the computer and the modem, s/he is not opposed to technology, just not resolute enough or knowledgeable enough to use it.

The reasons for not using technology have changed, and that could be used as justification for the term "Neo-Luddite". I took apart maybe 100 computers last year and separated them into scrap piles, so I am even more opposed to buying new ones now that I have spent a few weeks trying to stop the massive piles of this stuff from going into the landfill.
    If my balls feel like watermelons -- then what do watermelons feel like to a watermelon plant? Ay ay ay!

And one of the most famous groups of Luddites

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Not really. A Luddite opposed the use of technology on principled grounds. They lost that fight. Modern self-proclaimed "Luddites" are usually people who are just being very lazy and want someone else to do something for them.

"Haven't you installed your modem yet?"

"I can't figure it out. I'm a Luddite."

Erroneous! A person buys the computer and the modem, s/he is not opposed to technology, just not resolute enough or knowledgeable enough to use it.

The reasons for not using technology have changed, and that could be used as justification for the term "Neo-Luddite". I took apart maybe 100 computers last year and separated them into scrap piles, so I am even more opposed to buying new ones now that I have spent a few weeks trying to stop the massive piles of this stuff from going into the landfill.
    Were textile workers in France who were opposed to the new Jaquard looms. These used punched cards to set the patterns, and threatened the livleyhood of the skilled pattern setters. A favorite technique to stop them was to jam a wooden shoe into them. The word for a wooden shoe at the time was sabot. Hence jamming the looms was "sabotage"