check the ballbusting updates here

Page 94 of 676 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 10136

Thread: Ballbusting Cartoons

Advice

Quote Originally Posted by try View Post
    Hi all,

Knave once asked if I did colour pics. I said no. But now I've had a go at colouring, using Roxio Photosuite, and heres my first results. I know its not perfect, but given my fear of IT its an achievement that I've done it at all. And hopefully I'll get better with practice.
    Reduce the B&W pic to 2 colour, then increase to 16m. This gets rid of the grey tinge.

Quote Originally Posted by cutponies View Post
    Let me clear up the backlog and I'll do the 2-pic situation for you. The second girl should be eliminated
    thank you very much, there's really no rush, so don't feel pressured to get on it.

It is so hard to draw clothes
    sorry, i meant without clothes, i'd have said!

For Skipperbob

I've stumped Skipperbob with a question about the war of 1812. This picture is a clue for him. If anyone else recognises it please don't tell him.
    Last edited by cutponies; 12-22-2006 at 07:46 AM.

And since I went off topic

I should post a picture to make up. Here is another Julie Strain Manipulation

Registered Member

first post on forum

just a hello and great stuff

Reduce the B&W pic to 2 colour, then increase to 16m. This gets rid of the grey tinge.
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid with my ignorance of software I don't understand it.

What is 2 colour? And 16m? What does the m stand for?

And thanks for assisting me. When it comes to anything to do with IT, I need it!

Ok

Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid with my ignorance of software I don't understand it.

What is 2 colour? And 16m? What does the m stand for?

And thanks for assisting me. When it comes to anything to do with IT, I need it!
    2 colour means Black & White. Nothing in between, no grey tones. Therefore when you fill in with colour after changing to 16m it fills right to the boundary.

16m means 16 million colours- the standard jpg. In the attached, I removed the colour, leaving only the grey tones(2nd picture), This is probably where you started to colour, but you need to remove the grey first. I used the program to reduce it to two colours (B&W, turning the greys into either B or W depending on how dense they were) and made sure that all the curves were closed (3rd pic). Finally I filled it in. I go one step further on my pics and shade. Once you have this down pat I'll teach you to shade.

PS If you hand draw, then scan, set your scanner to 2 colours (some scanners call it monochrome), not grey scale, and you will get a Black & white with nothing in between.

Try:

One of my insane artist friends draws mecha professionally (his focus is on stuff from Gundam, but he can do most robotic stuff -- he went back to art school, byr I have no idea what they could possibly teach him). His technique forworking on graphics has been to draw by hand, scan, clean up with computer software, print, draw over what he printed out, scan again into computer, touch up any marks in the wrong places, print, draw over the print, etc., etc. He gets the Nobel Crazy Lunatic Pruzem but he delivers outstanding work.

For what CutPonies is suggesting, I think it will improve the colour work greatly. I did a picture of Tux, the Linux penguin, for a recycling event, and had some problems with the scanner until I scanned it in and told the scanner to make it monochrome. I would suggest converting thepics as you work with them and saving at several different stages, using a numeric scheme or something, so you can take one steop back a few days later if you think you have found your work going to ruin instead of to greater glory in colour.

Do you usually start with drawing by hand or with software? Either way, a process something like this shoud do you well:

Draw "ballwrecker"
    scan in ballwrecker in monochrome, save as a non-lossy format (BMP, GIF, PNG, etc.) -- name ballwrecker01
    Clean up pic with software, save improved pic as ballwrecker02
    Colour bllwrecker and sabe as ballwrecker03
    Convert to a lossy compression scheme and save as ballwrecker04

If you do a lot of artwork (yay!), then you best get a big hard drive if you do not have one yet, and a bodacious supply of CDs. A lot of my stuff is still on floppy - ouch!

Consider going the insane artist route and do it like my friend does -- he's nutty as it gets, but his work kicks much ass. If you work for a long time on one pic, YOU will never see any improvement, because you are working step by step -- other people will see the improvement because they did not watch at each step. I spent about 16-20 hours on one drawing, trying to rise above my aristic grade of "bleah!" and, after much work, it looked like a LOT of bleah! instead of my usual minimal bleah! Other people said it looked great, so I suspect that I can never see whether anything I do looks good; all I ever see is the array of imperfections.
    If my balls feel like watermelons -- then what do watermelons feel like to a watermelon plant? Ay ay ay!

Another trick

Draw the picture oversize, say at a height of 1024, then shrink it via smart resize or resample to 768. Note the subtle difference between the two ladies below. The first one was done at 768, the second at 1200 and shrunk to 768. Notice the smoother appearance, especially the black outline

Also a eunuch can't be drawn just as a man with no scrotum. He has to have more feminine curvature, a smaller penis, and softer facial expression, with fuller lips
    Last edited by cutponies; 12-22-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Registered Member
    Why cant i see the thumbs? Do you need a certain no. of posts?

Colour

Hi Cutponies and Trouble, you've given me much to think about. I will experiment, though I'm not sure if Roxio does all that you both recommend.
    But there could be a problem with scanning in B&W as I draw with a handwriting pen, and I found B&W scans were unsatisfactory. But I didn't experiment with B&W, so I'll look at this first.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

One post

Quote Originally Posted by ABC21 View Post
    Why cant i see the thumbs? Do you need a certain no. of posts?
    Then wait 24 hrs. If that doesn't work contact Sharon

cut, you are always a genius

Hi Cutponies and Trouble, you've given me much to think about. I will experiment, though I'm not sure if Roxio does all that you both recommend.
    But there could be a problem with scanning in B&W as I draw with a handwriting pen, and I found B&W scans were unsatisfactory. But I didn't experiment with B&W, so I'll look at this first.

Thanks very much for your assistance!
    Roxio is a good program for photo-manipulation, not so good for drawing and colouring. I use Paint Shop Pro , but it costs $200.00. You can find an earlier version here, free, and it's more than adequate(I used it for years)!. When I say that I use it, I do most of the cutting and pasting in Microsoft paint (It's faster), the shading and everything else in PSP !

www.pagetutor.com/dl/psp312-32.html